1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Purgatory (Utah) Clay Sports Jan. 9 & 10 ATA Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MrkSLC, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrkSLC

MrkSLC TS Member

For more gun club information cut & paste "http://utahtrap.com/CLUBS.html"

[​IMG]

2. RRA

RRA TS Member

What color of targets?

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

All Green White Flyer targets.

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Any weather forecasts for the weekend yet?

I hear that one of the motels in Hurricane has a shooter's special. Any details?

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Talked with Harold Curry and they tried to work out a deal with Holiday Inn Express in Hurricane, but to no avail. $98 a night. You can stay in St George for lot less. Lot of nice motels on Bluff Street (Exit 6) in St George.

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Hilton Garden Inn, St Geo. is avail. for $80 a night.

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

How about directions to the club from I-15 Exit 6?

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Heading South on I-15 take Hurrincane Exit which is Exit 16. This is before you get to St. George. Going toward Hurricane, (east) turn right at second stop light. This takes you right to the park and Rodeo arena will be on your left as you go into the park and follow the signs. You can't miss it.

Heading North on I-15 from Exit 6 (Bluff Street) take Exit 16 (Hurricane) and bare to the right and turn right at the 2nd stop light and this takes you into the park and follow the signs. Rodeo arena will be on your left as you go into the park.

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Up for the Utah folks.

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Larry, et al.:

The Google map doesn't exactly pin point the club, but if you switch the map to "satellite" you can see the club about a mile southwest of the pin position (a light colored area). As was mentioned, once you get to the fairgrounds you'll follow the signs along a dirt road to get to the club.

Note: The Google map satellite shot is old, so it only shows the first two traps (the ones overlaid with skeet fields). The club has four traps, total.

Scott

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Taled to couple of the shooters that were there and the green targets were excellent. They had a ballot to vote orange or green and green won hands down.

13. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I liked them, although my scores didn't show it. The visibility was excellent.

14. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Just back from another fantastic shoot at the improved Purgatory Gun Club in St George UT. Sheri, Ed, Harold, and all the other staff have outdid themselves, transforming this club from a 'challenged, very difficult' place to shoot, into a second to none competition trap club. Target setting was excellent. Height, speed, and angles, were all dead on. The solid GREEN targets looked like pie plates against the red Utah clay background. 12 squads took the line....an extremely good turn out in my opinion for a January weekend shoot. Temp was low 30's in the morning, rising to about 50 in midday. With the high overcast and frozen targets, scores were excellent. Saturday had 100's in singles, 5 96's in handicap, and a 100 in doubles. Refreshing fact was only 2 of the 96's in the cap were 27 yarders. Sunday had a 99 winning the freezing morning doubles. A fine January 97 won the handicap...again a short yarder. Great targets, great people, lots of smiling faces, everyone having fun! Thank you again guys...Jen and myself cannot wait for the Feb shoot! Hope to see everyone there! Jerry n Jen.

15. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

16. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that write-up Jerry.

I'm glad that everyone had a good time. And while I'm sure that the use of green targets won't appeal to everybody, I too think they are the right target for that area. I hope that people who haven't shot green targets will at least give them a chance.

For the benefit of everyone else, the Purgatory February shoot that Jerry mentioned will be on February 6th and 7th. They also have ATA shoots scheduled for March 6th and 7th and April 17th and 18th.

All Utah shoot dates are shown at the link posted above, along with a page with club information such as websites and maps.

Scott Hoover
    Utah ATA Delegate

17. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

Very well said Jerry.

I am looking forward to the Febuary shoot, I hope to improve my scores with putting four rounds together for one good HDC event, the targets have been great so no excuse there.
    Thanks to all the staff for a well run and fun shoot. Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

purgatory gun club hurricane ut

purgatorygunclub