1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Purchasing a new gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kraiza, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I would guess all of them. Evey gun I bought was less then MSRP.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

He's asking how much off (%).

-Gary

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Depends on the dealer and what overhead costs he has, in my opinion. I would also throw out there, that you might find a really good deal at a big shoot, like the Sporting Clays championship or for trap, the Grand American.

I had an interesting talk with a major Perazzi dealer this year when ordering a new gun. This year was when Perazzi USA allegedly instituted a stricter set of "rules" for all authorized dealers to abide, regarding how much they can discount new gun orders. Any dealer found to be giving more than the percentage discount threshold will have their new guns order cancelled by Perazzi. Just passing along what I heard from major dealer. I know not all dealers are abiding by this new "rule" and are still trying to undercut the other dealers.

On another note, when I was kicking the can about buying a Beretta S05 late last year, I was told the Beretta Premium dealers were really pushing hard to move these guns and were giving pretty good deals on new S05 guns. Right now, Paxton Arms has a new unfired S05 on gunbroker for $18k. That's the lowest I have ever seen an S05 sell for, new and unfired.

Don't know about Krieghoff nor Kolar. Dealers seem to pretty much stick with a finite percentage discount on those guns. For Blasers I have seen pricing all over the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.