1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PURCHASED A BOX OF FIOCCHI SHELLS, HAD PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i purchased a new box of fiocchi shells yesterday. they shot ok, but one of my shells would not eject out of my gun. i had 4 targets to go, gave the remaining four fiocchi shells to a guy on the line and used my reloads. when i shoot i do not want any problems with shells. has anyone else had this problem with these shells? i will stick to federals.
    steve balistreri

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What kind of gun?

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

browning bps trap gun
    steve

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have seen a lot of problems with ejection on "bargain" shells, mostly in Ljutics. My mx 10 throws them all.

5. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

These "cheapies" have cause me problems too. I took the time to cut open some of these to examine and weigh the components. Not only is there a minimal amount of shot...just a tad bit more than a 1 oz. load and some of the shot is almost square. The wads seem to be made from recycled milk jugs. I have no idea as to what the powder is. I am now a firm believer in using premium shells or reloads using round shot and good wads and powder. My reloads are a lot better shell than cheap new ones.

6. Shooting Coach

Having once worked on Brownings professionally, make sure your chamber is CLEAN. You may need to lap it with steel wool. This generally solves your problem.

The Fiocchi hull has a thicker rim than most shells. This should not make a difference in your pump gun, but has caused hard opening issues in several of my Krieghoffs.

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

How did the rest of your shooting go?

You are aware that with giving the 4 remaining shells away and not shooting them you also gave away any opportunity of using those shells as your excuse for poor shooting.

8. PODO

PODO TS Member

Granted some Fiocchi Shells are not what they use to be, but costing $70 a flat and $92 a flat for the papers, I do not consider them bargain shells -TOM

9. Shooting Coach

These days, affordable quality shells come off my MEC 9000! (sigh)

10. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I bought a box of 3-1/2" steel bb's. Some wouldn't even chamber in my gun.

11. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

A friend of mine bought a couple of boxes of the cheap Fiocchi shells when he bought his new 870 Wingmaster and he had the same problem, he'd shoot them and when he tried to eject them, he'd have to pull on the forearm pretty hard to get it to eject. The price of shot is getting too expensive to even make reloading worth it, so might as well buy the cheaper factory shells (hope to start making my own shot soon), I plan on shooting Kemen shells though. Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.