1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Punxsutawney Phil...RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

(PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA) —Less than 24 hours after declaring he did not see his shadow but did see four more years of an Obama in office, Punxsutawney Phil, the famed weather-forecasting groundhog of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, has been found dead in the town’s square. Adding to the shock and tragedy of Punxsutawney Phil’s death is its apparent cause: suicide, and the reason behind it.

Said a sobbing Punxsutawney Police Chief Thomas N. Fedigan Jr. to reporters, Sunday, “It appears Phil, our beloved groundhog took his own life by a single gunshot to his temple. A nine-millimeter handgun was found next to him. …There are no signs of foul play. A suicide note has also been found scratched into a wooden light pole near Phil.”

Clawed into the light post next to Phil’s frozen corpse were Phil’s last poetic and cryptic writs:

“A thousand more years of winter to Obama’s mere four. I saw what I saw yesterday, thus can carry on no more!”

A photo of the scene can be found at the link above. Just too grusome for this site.

http://www.duhprogressive.com/index.php/312-groundhog-days-punxsutawney-phil-commits-suicide-after-seeing-four-more-years-of-obama

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did he have a CCL, background hog checks, and was he mentally stable? I guess the last four years of Obummer really took their toll on him. Too bad.

3. Geoff W

Geoff W TS Member

On behalf of my good late friend, Jim B., we are sorry to note the
    untimely passing of our friend, Phil. Jim knew Phil since childhood
    as he grew up in Punxsutawney.

Geoff Weaver
    Winchentucky, Massachusetts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

puxatawny phil gunshot