1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Punches

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bwvan, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

Of course the idea of handicapping is fair competition and we've debated and pondered each other's ideas for the best method to use for getting "punched".

I'd say that most All-Americans are on the twenty seven yard line, where they are competitive. Thus, there would be an average handicap score for the collection of present All-American trapshooters. Many, many people are on yardages where they have no hope of being competitive. What if a shooter gets punched when their average at the current yardage goes above last year's All-American team handicap average?

That's just a preliminary thought with no provisions for other circumstances, but I've always been amused by the "hit a hole in one and you should be on the professional golf tour" mentality of the current system.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

How many shoots do you attend where you are competing against All Americans as opposed to competing against your local peers?? How Fair would the System be if all the local shooters in Handicap were on the 20 yard line with no Classes??

3. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

At almost all yardage shoots that I attend, I am shooting against All-Americans. I'm on the 26 yard line with around an 88 average.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I'm at 26.5 with an 89.5 average. I have only competed with All Americans one shoot ( a Satellite Grand) that I traveled 400 miles to get to. The present system works in my region where no one dominates at every Handicap event. The present system does not work in your region too many top dogs burning up the shoot. It is therefore a regional problem and it requires a regional fix. My suggestion is to raise the Reduction trigger point in your region and leave the trigger point alone in my region.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.