1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Punches for ATA shoots.

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by HAWGHUNTER3P, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAWGHUNTER3P

HAWGHUNTER3P TS Member

Was wondering if anyone could help me understand why ATA officials elected to raise the number of shooters for punches. I am fairly new to trap shooting, but shouldn't they have decreased it to a lesser number of shooters, say a yardage punch for every 5 or 10 shooters. I have noticed fewer and fewer shooters at each event. Why make it tougher?

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Harder to take punches and easier to get reductions..........the powers-that-be in ATA in their infinite wisdom seem to want to move everybody up closer. WHY, you'll have to ask THEM.

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The number of shooters required to recieve a punch was raised from 15 to 25 at any rgistered ATA shoot. This was in the 2013 rules changes. The reasoning is that many shooters were recieving punches at smaller shoots with low scores. Many down in the 80s, which would not even come close to winning or competing at larger competitions. As before any score of 96 or higher will recieve a automatic yardge increase.

4. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

It's no secret.

It's all about enabling shooters to shoot higher scores.

Higher scores = happy shooters = more shooters.

Right or wrong , the ATA is trying to reverse the declining trend of our sport.

Adios, Dirk

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Closer to what slide action said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.