1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Punch Cards

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Need your valuable input on this. I recently took over the Treasurers position at our local gun club. I would like to incorporate a type of punch card system for the members. It would be something on the order of a card with numbers on it 1 through 15. The member would buy the card for x amount and when the card is full he/she would get a free round. To me it helps the club by getting the money up front and not having to handle so much money during practice rounds. I'd like your input. Also, can a person order cards like this off the internet using your own design? Thanks for any help you can give. Ed

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ed, go to almost any of the coffee kiosks and ask about their punch cards. They are common for exactly what you wish. Our local club also uses them and has them printed locally. They certainly can be customized for your club. Go to Kinkos and describe what you want or bring in a sample from one of the coffee drive-ups. Another plus to shoot cards (and the coin operations too), and I hate to be so truthful about it, but these cards and coins have a propensity to be lost or sit in a drawer unused and the pre-payment issue works to the benefit of the club....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Our club has a 10 round (red) and a 20 round (yellow/orange)punch card. The 20 round cost a little less per round that the 10 round. You save a little by buying these verses a single shoot ticket which has no savings. Each card is numbered.

Only problem is if you do not have anybody at the trap field to punch the card. We keep a hand hole punch attached to each pullers chair with a small chain.

With computers and scanners as they are today I would also keep a good check on the numbers of the shoot cards to assure they are not being duplicated.

As mentiond above. Some get lost or washed and then you get free money to benefit the club.

When card is all punched you then drop it in a locked box in club house and at the next board meeting they draw a card and the winner gets whatever card he had placed in the box (either red or yellow). Ray.......

4. bgf

bgf Active Member

We also use punch cards. Ours are 10 punches for $45. Members only. If a member would pay per round without card it is $5...savings with card is one round free. More cash upfront and less handling at window.

Bernie

5. 3357

3357 Member

our small club uses punch cards/a round of trap is $3.50 for members and $4 for non members/punch card is $60 for twenty rounds and are for members only. we have ours printed at a local printier for $34 per thousand. jess

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Both clubs I shoot at regularily use punchcards, works great. I think they just get 'em printed up at the local printers.

John C. Saubak

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

We use the punch cards as well. Ours are prepaid and you get a break on the price of a "cash" round. Works great. Bill Malcolm

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

North Hollywood Sportsman's Club uses a 10 card punch for $40. It works great. We also count on club members donating to the club when they run their card through the wash. At each meeting we draw a used up card form a bucket and the winner gets a free card. Fred

9. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

3357 I want come shoot at your club $3.00 a round w/card? at $8.65 A CASE DELIVERED FOR WHITEFLYERS how do you do it? Jon

10. guncase

guncase TS Member

Guess we are very lucky,,, At Portage Rod & gun Club,, we shoot all we want, then some doubles on a different trap. Might have to load the house, or if you are first there, you might get to put out the voice call too! Then ,, when you have had all you need, set up to the bar and have a $1.00 beer. Figure out how many rounds , and pay $3.00 a round. If you forgot to pay last week,, pay now, no problem. I don't believe the club ever lost payment for a round!! Just a bunch of great guys shooting!! Even have a Skeet range,, works the same way. You will have to load your own traps!! If that is a problem,, there are other $5.00 clubs to attend!! Paul

11. clayshooter53

clayshooter53 TS Member

I am the Secretary for the Ontario Rod & Gun Club Inc, in Ontario New York, and I instituted a "ticket" book idea about 20 years ago. I make books of 11 tickets for $25.00, whick is good for 10 paid rounds and one free round. The shooters "pay" for a round with a ticket. This way we can keep track of the rounds shot and to help balance the books at the end of the day. The tickets are serialized. The "Serial number" of the book is recorded at the time the book is sold. The tickets are good for a regular round of trap as well as going toward the cost of our "Prize Shoot" entries. The books are easy to make using MS Publisher. Generally the "tickets" are printed on white paper while the cover sheet is printed using colored paper. I print 10 tickets per 8 1/2 x 11 page with sequential serial numbers. Each "ticket" is labeled "Ticket "X"" where the X represents the tickets 1 - 11. Eleven sheets are printed along with a cover sheet. They are all stapled together and then cut appart with a papercutter producing 10 sets of tickets. I use an HP color printer that gives me the results I am trying to achieve. To discourage copying the ticket book, the serial numbers are printed in red ink and each ticket has a piece of clip art that is special for the club along with a "gray" image in the background, that if copied would either disappear or print very dark. So far this idea has worked well for us. The tickets are collected at the time of entry so the puller doesn't have to handle (or loose) the tickets.

Check out our website at www.ontariorodandgun.com

Bill Palermo
    Ontario Rod & Gun Club Inc.
    Ontario New York

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My previous home club sold 11 tickets for the price of 10 and that does work as well as the punch cards. I believe you can get huge rolls of tickets at the office big-box stores cheap. However, I prefer the shoot punch card better, much easier to tote it in the wallet.....Bob Dodd

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Markham Park uses a 10 flight card that you can buy in 1-10 flight increments. If you buy five flights they blackout 5 of the 10 spaces. The full 10 flight card is $55 which is the same price as 9 single flights. Understand that the Markham shoot costs are higher because it is a county run facility with county employess that do all the required work to maintain the facility.

Eric

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Forgot to add that the Markham shoot cards are only good for 90 days from date of purchase.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap club punch card

trap punch card