1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pumpkin Pie Shoot a HIT at Quarryville

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The shooters didn't let a little wet weather keep them away from those pumpkin pies. The last squad I pulled was #32, I think there may have been 33 squads total. Not a bad turn out for a dreary wet day. Thank goodness for the new scorer stations, It's nice to pull a squad in the rain and not get wet. Things started a little slow so I managed to get in a couple of rounds with some of my team members for Black Friday. I'm blaming my 47 on the wet weather. Jack A. and Bob A. both had 49's on my squad and got some pies. Jack A. missed a green bird (gasp), don't worry Jack, there won't be any green birds on Black Friday.

I'm hoping the shooters turn out on Thursday (Oxford)to get some turkeys to go with those pies.

If your going to be on the road for Thanksgiving, be safe and have a great holiday.

PS Thanks Gail, for a great dinner. The hot roast beef and mashed potatoes with gravy hit the spot.

2. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Having a slice of pie right now! Thanks for the great time guys.

Dave nice to see you. Vicki and Carl, so glad to finally meet you.

3. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

I would like to thank Big Dave & Quarryville SLCFSA ! I attended my first shoot there today and everybody was very welcoming and cordial to me. What a manicured facility, and nice place to shoot. I hope to return for other pie shoots and maybe more. I came from Delaware Co. and it was well worth the drive. Thanks again.

PS - &....yikes, even in the drizzle, those guys can shoot!

Jack Smith

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I was afraid of what they said I'm made of actually melting in the rain

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You got me Smoker...I cannot lie...I was afraid of being washed down the drain

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Roger, Jack, and Smoker, thank you for the kind words. I believe everyone had a good time despite the rain.

REMEMBER IT IS ONLY THREE MONTHS UNTIL THE CHERRY PIE SHOOT!!!

7. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Luke with his winnings!

[​IMG]

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Fine looking pies Luke. I'm thinking an apple pie shoot around the 4th of July could be a hit. What do you think Big Dave?

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

July doesn't have the best apples......

Bring back the Strawberry shoot....strawberries with real whipped cream, strawberry pie with real vanilla ice cream....

Curt

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Thanks Dave!

We had a great time. It was great to get out and see everyone.

Roger,

Regards to the kids. They did pretty well and gave us all a run for the money...er....ah....pies! :)

Carl

11. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

All you pumpkin pie shooters not shopping with your wives or girlfrieds there is a challenge shoot at Oxford against West Chester on Black Friday. Come join Oxford in battle against the other Chester County Gun Club. See Westchester vs Oxford posting for all the details.

12. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Did someone say Cherry Pie shoot? Maybe I can learn to shoot by then! (groan)

Loved seeing everyone, Roger your kids are so sweet and darn good shooters!!

Thanks to my Duck for loading all those shells I wasted. lol

Big Thanks to Dave. He always makes us feel so welcome! Fabulous time, rain and all!

Luvn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.