1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pull out of MidEast?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by dolphin77, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I'm not suggesting that we do, but what if we (the USA) pulled out of the mideast. What would happen? Would we be worse off? Would we save billions? How many lives would we save? I am curious as to what you guys think, I am a 61 year old vet, and a conservative, like to see your comments.....Thanks WC

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I personally think the future is written in the Bible.. just a question how long we postpone it..

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Israel will take care of the problems if we leave.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I can't see how our military presence in the middle east is ever going to have a stabilizing effect and 'bringing democracy' to that part of the world is equally futile. I don't believe we have weakened our true enemy ,which is radical Islam, one bit. If anything our efforts have strenghtend their resolve. So yes I would say get our troops out.

I consider myself a right of center conservative/moderate with no military experience. With that qualifier, I realize that I may be ignorant of the big picture. I would be interested in other opinions as long as they don't begin with 'remember 9/11'.

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

There is no way Obama is going to win in Afghanistan. No way. They are already talking about making deals with the Taliban against Al Qaeda. We went in there to throw out the Taliban. When they don't want to commit to the troops needed and are throwing out the willingness to make deals with the enemy you have already lost. I say bring them home. We are not willing to do what it takes to fight international terrorism. Especially this bunch now running the war. They won't even call it a war. Their half efforts will only result in prolonging it and killing more soldiers before our retreat. Our defeat will have consequences. Radical Muslims around the world will see it for what it is, the last stand of the West against them. It will be a victory for them. But the way I see it the rise of Islam and the decline of the West is inevitable anyway. You have a culture run by women and political correctness running up against a culture run by men. The only thing stopping them now is our superior weapons and technology. Europe will become Muslim just through time, like we are becoming Mexican. In our feminist culture we don't replace our own population with our offspring but with immigrants. And because we are politically correct, as is Europe, we don't even demand that the new immigrants conform to our culture but we adjust to theirs. There is also a religious void in Europe. As true Christians keep shrinking in numbers another religion will step in. I think we should pull out and brace ourselves for the inevitable hits we are going to be taking from terrorists for years to come. It is like being a coward on a playground. From time to time you will get punched. They know after our defeat we will never stand up to them again. Now Israel is another question. They are weak and PC like every other Western nation but they have to realize that, unlike us and Europe, they can't run and hide. The terrorists are on their border and in their country. The terrorists have said they are going to destroy them first. Israel keeps making deals but you can't deal with someone that has sworn to kill you. The Bible says Israel will stand alone.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

highflyer.. I did not know where to start to answer this question.. I believe you have hit the nail on the head.. You have worded the truth very kindly.. Thank you.. and All Good.. Mike

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

There are too many variables to be sure of the outcome. There are many factions in the Muslim religion that want to fight each other. 2000 years of Christianity and there are still blood feuds as in Northern Ireland. India and China can have a big say. A multi-national holding action may be the best long term plan. Surrender is not an option. Ron

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

There are millions of Muslims that live right now in India and China. With our surrender in Afghanistan and soon pull-out of Iraq the radicals will be free to have their way in the Middle East. Europe will crumble from within because it is already a basket case when it comes to the will to fight anyone. I just heard of a judge in England wanting to let terrorists out there because of the fear of offending other Muslims. Look what Spain did with one bombing. Europeans don't believe in anything anymore. When someone doesn't believe in anything they are easy to conquer. We aren't far behind. Look what they are doing to our military. I recently heard about women drill sergeants, open gays in the military, and women on submarines. The pussification of our culture is being extended to the military. John Wayne is dead. Alan Alda took his place. Look at the man we elected to run this country.

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Then what would the death of the many thousands of AMERICAN men and women have been for?????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.