1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pull behind mower??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Im considering a pull behind mower, wondering if any of you have any experiences with them, I have a pretty big yard and have a 27hp xmark 60 inch zero turn mower..it cuts like a dream, but it takes me all day to get the mowing done.. I have been thinking if I had a 60 inch pull behind to hook on to the x mark I could do a 10 foot swath at a time.. thanks!

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Hell, just move to Texas and ya won't have any grass to mow. Cheaper that way too.

GneJ

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I would rather fight the grass than the drug cartels..lol..

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Not a very wise idea. The pull behind mowers won't cut grass nearly as nice as your mower. They are okay for rough cut areas, but leave a lot to be desired when it comes to a quality finish cut.

You must have one big yard if it takes all day to cut the grass with a mower that big. I keep nearly 2 acres cut with a 30" Snapper and I can have it done and trimmed in about 4 1/2 hours.

ss

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Go buy two cheap push mowers and some bolts. Bolt one on each side of the xmarks deck start them all up and cut a big path.

6. Danny870

Danny870 Member

i had a 60" swisher finish mower that i pulled with my 400 articat 4x4. it had the 13hp honda engine. and it cut well. Danny

7. Slammin'Salmon

Slammin'Salmon TS Member

In my experience, the pull behind mower i use has a lot more hazards to it's operation. it can throw rocks with many times more force, and since its behind you, it could be catastrophic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.