1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Puerto Rico to become the 51st state???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"The most transparent government ever..." BS

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The citizens do not want it.

Our citizenz did not want the bloated health care fiasco.

Get ready to see another ram job in action.

HM

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Write your Congressman tell Him/Her no way. Bulge.

4. over/under

over/under Member

You must not be familiar with Chicago politics. This administration seems to do whatever it wants.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

As I recall that was the last thing Pres Ford suggested before he left office. Everyone laughted.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Gun rights in PR are attrocious... at least I could now go shooting when on vacation...

Tell all the PRs they'll get American gun rights - #51 in like flint! (lol)

regards all,

Jay

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Sounds like more seats in the House and Senate to me..

8. bigdogtx

Well they approved it,,,,defeated the measure to make English their official language....

9. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

If they have extra money, make'm pay in advance. Then we will think about it. If they don't, drop'em like a bad transmission..

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

We need another state that no doubt hold a load of welfare recipents. NOT

11. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

2 more Democrap Senators.

God help us.

12. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I would advise you all to check the history of PR, it's long standing association with the US (since 1898), and how many Pueto Ricans have died fighting for the US since WWI without any representation in Congress, the Senate, or voting for the President of the US. Look at how many are in the military today defending the US in the Middle East.

Also, you may want to become familiar with the strategic value of PR in the protection of both the Gulf of Mexico and the "Eastern Starboard".

I find your comments insulting. I was drafted for the Vietnam War, while not called in the "lottery", I had several Puerto Rican friends and family members die fighting for the US there. My father received 2 Purple Hearts and other commendations defending the US in WWII.....and for what- so he could hear idiotic remarks like above?

Am I one of those "second class" citizens you all so disrespect? Let's see...I have an MBA, CPA, numerous securites licenses, insurance licenses, and numerous professional certifications, have started & taken a company public successfully on NASDQ.......guess what- I am a natural born Puerto Rican & US citizen.........and some of you are natural born idiots.

Jim Cruz

Proud American

Proud Puerto Rican

Republican

Pro Statehood

13. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Jim Cruz is a Puerto Rican with an attitude...Like a lot of them I got to know while in Puerto Rico. I would bet that if the Islanders were to vote on if they would like to become a U.S. State, that they would overwhelmingly vote NO...Let them decide before we ram this down their throats. Below 0

14. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Welcome!

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I think Jim Cruz was just stating some facts, and damn well has the right to be pissed off at some of the shit that some of you squeaky clean assholes have posted in the past and present

16. DanLee

DanLee Member

We bought Alaska from the Russians a few decades before we beat the shit out of Spain in 1898 and took over PR. Hawaii was annexed in 1897. Regardless, Puerto Ricans should decide for themselves what they want.

17. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

And an idiotic response brought to us by Rimfingeridiot. Take a bow,,Rimfingeridiot.

Only someone as dumb as you, Rimfinger, would repeatedly quote some British cuss that died of stupidity,,THEN, follow it up with; "Everything you COPIED. No thoughts of your own!".

No facts, no debate, no nothing. Probably not smart enough to mash on the link and read it.

Spare us, Rimfinger, you liberal idiot..

18. bigdogtx

Jim, If you felt disrespect, none was intended. I am just pointing out the curious FACT that PR did not request this and is being promoted by congress,,,,and to what means,,,,If PR wants statehood, THEY should instigate (rimfinger that means start) it themselves and not be another puppet of congress....

19. bigdogtx

jimmie,,,,been getting your rim jobs lately????

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains. -Sir Winston Churchill

So jimmie,,,,you under 30 or just lacking a brain????

20. mike31z

mike31z Member

Pr has voted 3 times not to become a State- there decision and that equal justice for all.<br>
    <br>
    Now the House of Repersentives(HOR) wants to force the issue of a state vote.
    <br>
    If the same option are on the ballot as the last time the vote was held that would be OK.

<br><br> I think not, only time will tell?<br>
    When Pr want to be a State, they shoul be the ones to force the issue not the HOR.
    <br>
    This looks more like the actions that allowed Tennesse becomming a State then the rest of the lower 48 States.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.