1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

puchased a kolar t/s at p.a. state shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nicky, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicky

nicky Member

went to shotgun specialties friday am. looking for a kolar trap single. doug offered a used one for me to try, could not tell by looking at it, up-graded wood, pull and release trigger's. took it to the practice trap and shot 50 handicap targets from the 26 yd.line. 1st 25 dropped 6, adjusted the rib and comb and on the 2nd ink spotted 23. went back to doug and asked him to hold the gun untill after the krieghoff shoot,doug said take it and try it, so i did ,broke a 25,25,20,23 for a 93, went back and bought it. the next day never having shot a 16 yd. target with it broke a 100,98 for a 198. so if anyone out there is thinking of buying a kolar trap single, DO IT !!!!!!. i know i don't have alot of targets with it but, WOW !!!!! WHAT A GREAT GUN , call doug at shotgun specialties at 800-344-7468, they are nice people to deal with, kevin

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

nicky, where are Shotgun Specialties located at? Thanks!

Hauxfan!

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Haux
    They are in Oxford Ohio. The best to deal with!
    Rooferbob!

4. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Nicky.........Way to go!!! Kolar T/S is a super gun..What is the bore on your Kolar..I'm shooting a 750 and very happy. Doug and Dave are super people to deal with. Looks like you will be in the MIX of things with that T/S....

5. Hauxfan

Do they have a website?

And do they sell new Kolar's or did they just happen to have the one you bought?

Hauxfan!

6. nicky

nicky Member

kolarpole, it's a .740 bore, can't wait to put it on paper, as it just smokes the targets at both the 16 and the 26. i shot both the i/m and l/f chokes,have yet to try the full choke. the only thing i did was after buying it, i had rod from rod's custom stocks in shelby ohio put a gooey rocker pad on it. that is what was on my other gun. by the way another first class person to do business with. i'm a perfectionist and rod's work is great every time. his phone is 419-347-6403 , kevin

7. Bridger

Bridger Member

I doubt you will ever need a full choke. I have had mine since last summer and use mostly the !M choke for everything. Even the modified choke smokes a 16 yard target using 1 oz loads. I am somewhat surprised though at the number of used ones that have shown up for sale recently. There have been 3 or 4 for sale on this board in the last week. Hard to believe people would invest that much money and give up on it so quickly.

8. geterdone

geterdone Member

Kolar had very high sales numbers in the first 12 months. Based on trap shooters fickleness you would expect some to show up.

Hauxfan, Shotgun Specialties was at the Iowa State shoot last year and may be back again if you make that one. They really are gents!

Regarding chokes, on pickup at Kolar I patterned F,IM,and M in their tunnel on my .740 bore TS. Mainlane and I both agreed the IM was the best choice and a very consistent pattern. I have used it for both 16's and mid-yardage caps.
    At work the IM smokes 22-24 yd targets while the M breaks 'em into little pieces without the smoke. Very scientific huh? ;)

A good friend bought one at the NC State Shoot and took it to the line and beat all his averages and won two or three awards during the week, including a tie for second in the Caps championship on Sunday with a 93. Oh, his is not for sale!

Enjoy!

9. nicky

nicky Member

HAUXFAN , SHOTGUN SPECIALTIES HAD 2 OR 3 OTHER KOLAR TRAP SINGLES WITH THEM AT THE P.A. STATE SHOOT. I'M SURE THEY WILL BE AT THE OHIO STATE SHOOT THIS WEEK. I CALLED THEM LAST WEEK PRIOR TO GOING TO THE P.A. STATE SHOOT AT 800-344-7468 AND LEFT A MESSAGE AND DOUG RETURNED MY CALL THAT DAY. HOPE THAT HELPS , KEVIN

10. Hauxfan

Thanks guys, I knew that someone had Kolar's at the Iowa State Shoot last year, but didn't remember who. I didn't spot them until the last day, so I didn't get to talk to them much about it.

At that time, it was the last day of the shoot, and I picked up one of their new Kolar's and I said, Wow! I couldn't believe a gun could fit so good.

I've had my eye on one ever since. I'm trying to hold off till the Grand, but may not make it.

A friend of mine bought one and they do smoke targets......

Hauxfan!

11. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have new Kolar T/S and was interested in your choke dicussion. I will try LM next time. This is my first choke tubed trap gun . I have minimal experience. Received M , LM , LF with Gun. Will likely purchase additional chokes.!!
    I am very impressed with gun. Being left handed , the stock is most comfortable gun I ever shot. I am also very impressed with trigger. I shoot a release trigger , I have been shooting McDaniels Release trigger since Spring of 78.I have just got this gun.

Thankyou

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

To Joe Woods, did you order through Lawry or someone else. 2 guys from Alberta were trying to get their new Kolar combos through some dealer and eventually had to go through Lawrys after they wasted time with the other dealer.

13. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I asked many people , many questions and was going to buy in US and import myself. Called Kolar & called Rick Lawry/ Lawry Shooting Sports. Rick offered to order & import the gun for me. John P. at Kolar thought they could provide a Kolar T/S. I needed left hand wood & release trigger.
    I am impressed with service from everybody. I am impressed with my Kolar T/S.
    Never had a gun fit so well. Just need to get shooting it.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.