1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PSSA Website

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Glenn E., Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn E.

Glenn E. TS Member

Interesting information on the PSSA web site @ pssa trap.org. Are we moving or is Valley Gun Club moving?

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Interesting, sounds like the VGCC owes the PSSA some land.

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wow. The PSSA is threatening to leave Elysburg unless Valley Gun Club complies. Some people are going to have hard feelings forever, no matter how this turns out.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Valley Gun Club owns what? All? None? Some?

6. settersam

settersam Member

VGC owns most of the land. This is big!

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

I've heard of renigging,but shoot,a contract is a contract,they agreed to it,they should follow through and stop the bickering.

Doug H.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The PSSA is threatening.... and that's ALL they're doing!

MK

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Half a million sounds like real money to me.

The point of a contract is to keep both sides honest.

Let's hope they work it out - sounds messy.

Don Verna

10. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

And exactly WHERE is the PSSA going to move to ? Where are they going to locate the considerable land space needed to host an event the size of the PA State Shoot ? ........or the Eastern Zone Tournament ? And - should they even be able to locate such a parcel of land, WHO is going to pay for the construction of another 50-plus trap field, a clubhouse, parking lots, etc., etc. ? Do we have a Jack Fishburn that no one knows about ?

This is an organization that "cries poverty" every single year at the annual delegates meeting, although this year's program lists targets at $27 / hundred, plus ATA and state fees of $4 / hundred. Heck - the treasurer did not even have copies of the annual financial report available to the ATA club delegates at last year's meeting !! All campgrounds spots under contract were assessed a fee of $50.00 this winter, with the PSSA citing rising utility costs as the reason for the fee - in addition to the annual lease cost.

I (like many) have often worried about this day coming. Valley Gun & Country Club owns a great deal of the land on which the PSSA operates its tournaments, especially the campgrounds on the lower lot. As an "outsider", I cannot make any informed claims about whatever agreements may (or may not) have been made between the respective parties. I just feel it has always been a "sticky situation" ; one that has obviously outlived its comfort - at least in the eyes of the executive body of the PSSA.

I certainly hope that some common ground (no pun intended) can be arrived at. In any event, I do not see the PSSA picking up and moving to another location - regardless of the outcome of this litigation.

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'm gonna suggest they look at a tremendous amount of land available in the Allentown area. Formerly owned by the airport, it's nice and level and close to all amenities. Maybe our Republican governor could help with financing. No more "L" line!!

12. seitz647

seitz647 Member

This situation helps no one except the lawyers - too bad a solution could not be worked out - the Valley gun club will certainly loose a large chunk of revenue if PSSA moves on - PSSA will incure a large expence if they move to a new location -I dont know all the details - lawyers will get paid by both parties - Shooting sports loose either way -

J Mroczka

13. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

It's like most (civil) lawsuits.

Both parties lose to some extent, and the lawyers on both sides are the only true winners.

Been there, Done that. Have the scars to prove it.

14. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Here we see the problem with "owner financing". Looks like the PSSA entered into a 15 year mortgage to pay VGC for the land. 15 years is up, and VGC wants to renegotiate the contract. Looks like somebody wants more money.

If a contract is signed, and monies have changed hands in accordance with the contract, all other points are moot. You might get a renegotiation in the beginning of a contract, but not at termination.

BTW, I see Elysburg as IN the vicinity of central PA.

15. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Anybody know what the point of argument is on the part of VGC?

16. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

If a move is the end result, maybe a concept similar to Illinois (without all the anti-gun sentiment) could be considered. Make it a location that could support a number of different shooting activities. Obviously trap and add in skeet, sporting clays, rifle (multiple variations), handgun (multiple variations) and archery type activities some where in the general vicinity of State College. It could also possibly be a part of a new major (or at least a modified version of a current major) for "Outdoor Sports Recreation Management" at Penn State or other college in the area.

I realize that state provided funding (ala Illinois) is pretty much out of the question at the present time but perhaps private funding (sort of like Fishburn in Ohio) could be an option if suitable "sponsors" could be convinced of the merits of such an activity in central PA. If it is not to far off I-80, it could be an easy one day drive from most of the major East Coast population centers along with the Western PA, West Virginia, Maryland and Ohio areas.

Just my thoughts if a move is the end result.

17. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Obviously trap and add in skeet, sporting clays, rifle (multiple variations), handgun (multiple variations) and archery type activities"

There's a real formula for brotherhood and harmony as each group decides it's the duty of the other disciplines to subsidize their game.

Don't they have live pigeon shooting Pennsylvania? So why not throw in some live pigeon shooting? That would be some great PR....if you believe it's true there is no such thing as bad PR. Heck, Pennsylvania's live pigeon shooting even makes the news here. And they could follow Illinois' example and have some live rabbit shooting.

Maybe a combat shotgun course for the Ninjas, with baddies and rabbits hiding behind Porta-potties?

18. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I hope they get this hashed out.

19. TjayE

TjayE Member

PSSA web site address listed above:

20. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The location near Allentown is adjacent to an airport, has numerous hotels, shopping malls and great bars and restaurants. Would be a shooting families dream if possible. Could be a Cardinal Center major competitor if doable!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is there a new pssatrap website

new pssa trap website

pssa scores gun club