1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PSSA Vally Gun Club update

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Printed in today's local paper, but now we are showing the part that PSSA has seemed to forget about ( read the caption in the thinking cloud.
    <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

OK I can now see it is hard to read so here it is " PSSA seems to have forgot about the clause that states that " They take gradual possession AFTER THE LAST A MEMBERS PASSES AWAY " ( Naturally A Members that were A Members when the agreement was signed in 1995 )

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Article

http://newsitem.com/news/trapshooters-sue-gun-club-1.1129251#axzz1IrEhLAkT

3. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

This is the first bit of information indicating that the claim of the PSSA against the Valley Gun & Country Club may not hold up in court.

Naturally - as outsiders who merely participate in the shoots held there, we would not have known about the "A member" condition listed within the agreement signed in 1995. Personally - I also do not even know what constitutes an "A member", versus a "B member". I AM a member of the VGCC, but I will assume that I am merely a "B".

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

If the VGCC incorporated in Pennsylvania, would there be a public record of the incorporation? And wouldn't that include a copy of the terms of membership and a copy of the By-Laws for the organization which would show the membership classes and the differences/requirements for the different classes?

Anyone know where this type of incorporation documentation would be maintained?

I took a quick look at the PC Codes on incorporation but the legalese in that chapter was to much for this guy to understand.

5. 870

870 Well-Known Member

We are all just guessing at this point. The only issue nobody seems to be seeing is that the first thread talked about the transfer of 4 parcels of land. This above article spells out a clause about ALL ASSETS of the Gun Club going to the Association upon the death of the last "A" member. Not the same thing at all.

Sounds like there is more than one issue involved in the contract. Who knows how accurate that article is, but there could be 2 different issues and timing involved.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The PSSA Attorney (Paul Perlstein) is top notch and knowing him, he would not involve himself in a frivolous matter.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.