1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PSSA./.Pa Trapshooting Assn confused

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by N. J. BOB, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

There are two seperate groups.

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You can bet that the differentiation offers some political/financial/tax benefit to one group or the other or both.

MK

3. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a "PA Trapshooting Assn" at all. It is the PSSA. I'm sure it is called thh PA Trapshooting Assn by lot's of folks, but that is not the true name.

4. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

The Valley Gun Club is a completely separate club from the PSSA. The PSSA rents the lower shooting line during the Keystone/Colonial/PA State/PA Grand and Westy Hogan. Their is no membership required to shoot any event hosted by the PSSA, and I believe most of the Valley Gun Club shoots are open as well. Chuck Fritzges is the PSSA manager and I believe Steve Ross runs the ATA shoots at Valley. For as long as I can remember, Valley has been given recorded credit for all the targets thrown between the two clubs. Hope this clears a few things up.

Jeff Graupp

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

There is a lot of interesting information being posted here but some thing just don't add up.

If you go to the link above on the right side of the page under State Shoot Date it gives you a link to PA Trapshooting Assoc. If you click on that link it take you to a page that takes you to the address I posted above.

That page lists the address of the PA Trapshooting Ass. as

PENNSYLVANIA TRAPSHOOTING ASSOC

Monastery Rd

Elysburg , PA

When you go to the the PSSA home page and on the right side under PSSA about us in the top rigt hand corner of that page it says P O BOX 327 Elysburg PA

So tell us why wouldn't Mike be confused????

I personally do not care if you call the association Backwoods Trap Shooting but don't give us that don't live in your state the run around about what is in plain site. It is hard enough to get PENNSYLVANIA TRAPSHOOTING ASSOC and try to go there on the web and keep getting no page error. If you live out of state what is the incentive to keep searching for the page especially when the program book is on a different page.

If I want to know the dates of the PA shoots the ATA page only lists 1 Shoot the PA State and it is listed under PA Trapshooting Ass. which again is your business if your Ass. isn't interested in making sure as many shooters as possible have the correct information that is fine.

Bob Lawless

6. k80bav

k80bav Member

Mike, the sores you see under PSSA are probaly the State Eastern Zone Shoot . It was held on the second weekend of May. I may be off on the date but that is what you are seeing. the shoot use to move between South End and Valley Gun Club. It will now be 4 zones held in September.

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I googled pssa. Link above is one of the results. The plot thickens.

8. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Above is the official PSSA trapshooting website. The club is on Monastary RD and there is a PO box for mail, as the club is not always open.

Jeff Graupp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
pa trap shooting fatalities
pa trapshooting
pennsylvania trapshooting
pssa traoshoots

pssa trapshooting