1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PSE COMPOUND BOW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kraiza, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

PSE makes good bows. The Stinger is a good low end bow with a single cam.
    I don't like whisker arrow rests.
    Get your self a QAD Ultra drop a way rest. The best rest for the money. No arrow falling off and no fleching lost that would happen with the whisker rest.

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Turkey Hunter:

I used to use a Whisker Biscuit but if you want the best
    arrow flight get a good drop-away rest. You will get
    much better arrow flight. Look at the Rip Cord or Trophy
    Taker.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

As "sky buster" said, the best arrow flight will come from a drop away rest. That being said, i use a Whisker Biscuit on my Hoyt Vipertech and wouldn't change it for anything for hunting. You never have to worry about the arrow slipping off even it you bump something in your preperations for a shot. My drop away worked great but in the heat of the moment, i had some disasterous things happen. You will find the bow will still perform excellent even with the contact made with the biscuit. They do have some newer drop aways that hold the arrow but i have not had any experience with them.---Matt

4. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I use Whisker Biscuits and I wouldn't shoot from anything else. The accuracy from my Mathews is plenty good for hunting, no problem with that rest. Plus I hunt with my bow laying on my lap so the Whisker hold that arrow right in place.

5. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Although the Whisker Biscuit rest is a no brainer, as a Pro Shop owner I find that it is not the best rest for accuracy. I too believe in the fall away rests. My favorite is the Quality Archery Designs Hunter. It has the fall away accuracy and a full capture launcher that unlike the Ripcord, does not fail to fall and gets complete fletching clearance. Bill Hom

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I was a PSE dealer(I recently retired) and believed in Whisker biscuits for most archers using their bows for hunting. I am using a Matthews bow this season and it has a whisker biscuit one it. I don't have a problem with accuracy as I can shoot a three inch group at 30 yards. When you are twenty or thirty feet up in a lock on tree stand you don't want to worry about anything. Jackie B

7. grntitan

I would say 99%(my figures i made up) of bows sold in the US are for hunting use. That being said the only rest in my opinion made for hunting is the Whisker Biscuit. Like Jackie above said, when your up in a tree with your bow its the only way to go.---Matt

8. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Boy oh Boy! Hard for me NOT to be opinionated on this one. I've been a serious bow hunter for over 55 years and the one thing I know is that, for hunting, you do NOT want a mechanical arrow rest...period. If you are hunting in open country, SD, KS, etc, then you might be OK. But if you are going through tough country, brush, etc, the mechanical arrow rest can, and will eventually be affected as you treck through brush, or even pulling your bow up a tree. Plus, mechanical means parts that will eventually need to be adjusted or tightened, and the field or your stand is not the place for that. Wait 'till you get to your stand and sit down only to realize that your rest has moved a little or that something came loose, or fell off, or...? Do yourself a favor and use a whisker biscuit. The one at Wal Mart will work just fine. Only two adjustments and those are the tightening screws. Mark the rest position on your riser in case it comes loose and you're good to go and can re-tighten in the field if need be. The small amount of speed you loose will not be noticed. Quiteness is the most important feature in a hunting bow, IMO. Man has never made a mechanical arrow rest that does not make noise. The WB is QUIET! BTW, the drop away's ARE NOT QUIET. For those who claim the drop aways are more accurate, consider that when shooting at a deer, the noise of the drop away will likely cause the deer to wrench and duck (jumping the string) thus causing the arrow to sail over its back. Ask Lyndle Pruitt about the shot he and others witnessed at a target match...one shot at 80 yards, with a WB arrow rest...dead center with perfect arrow flight that he still talks about to this day.

milt

Good luck and save yourself alot of grief, take my advise!

milt

9. grntitan

Ditto what Milt said......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.