1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proud Dad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cwbanker, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwbanker

cwbanker Member

My son left today on his first deployment serving the United States Marines and I couldn't be any prouder. His unit will be traveling to several ports and will be ready to go where they are needed. My son has trained hard for this day and has matured more in the past 16 months than one could imagine. He is ready to lay his life on the line for his country and I pray that day never comes. We have many young men and women serving our country so admirably and we owe each and every one our thanks. Whenever I see a man or women that serves our country I thank them for their service.

I look forward to the day when I can again stand next to him on the trap line shooting these clay targets and enjoying good fellowship with all.

I'm not looking for any sympothy here, just giving you a perspective of a father that just watched is son go off to war for his country.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Please thank him for me. I appreciate his service. Looks like my son may be going to do the same thing, if he can get a waiver for a medical condition.

3. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Thanks to your son and to you dad you did a great job raising him. Hope the day you shoot clays will be soon. Because of people like him WE get to do what we do and I thank him. Corey

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thanks to your family, your sons safe retun from duty will be in my thouhgts. Please know that Americans are proud and supportive and realize the sacrafice your family and son are making!

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Our prayers are with him and all of our brave men & women who put their lives on the line serving their country every day in every way.

Tell him "Thanks" for me.

Hauxfan!

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

cwbanker..... You have every reason in the world to proud of your son! It's amazing how we, the "older generation", are quick to find fault in todays youth, isn't it? You see a young man walking down the street with baggy shorts, tennis shoes, probably untied, with no socks, torn T'shirt, long hair, perhaps in dreads, holding a skate board, never realizing that he has just enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. and volunteered to fight, and die, if necessary, for US and for HIS country. Hearing about men like your son should give all of us "older generation" men and women reason to re-think our sometimes jaded views. I'm a firm believer there are a lot more men and women like your son out there than we give them credit for. May the Lord be with your son his entire tour. May He protect him. May He grant him His peace, His mercy, and His strength to endure, survive, and return to you so you can once again share the trap line together. His action also speak volumns about you as his father as well..... Thank you both..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. cwbanker

cwbanker Member

Thanks to all of those that took the time to respond to my post. I proud to know there are decent thoughtful people in our trapshooting family.

Joel Schram
    Yuma, AZ

8. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

I am with you all the way. You and your son both should be proud. My son has been in Army almost 1 year now and the maturity and respect he shows is awesome. Paul