1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proud American(Marine) on Extreme Makeover

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I was watching the show and it was about a young Marine that had lost a leg, lost his wife and was trying to take care of his kids in a 1930's home that was in bad shape. It's still on if your interested. Bet you can keep a dry eye. I sure can't. I am so proud of him and the program. Jackie B.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I always wonder why they don't build five, $100,000 houses for 5 different families...instead of building one $500,000 house for one family?

But eh...

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Buzz, I might be a little partial, since I'm retired military, but I believe every, get it, every GI that is injured to the point of disability should be given a home and taken care of the rest of his or her life. After what they have given it's only right. Jackie B.

4. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Shooting Jack. Amen to that Brother..

Gary

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

nipper, Have I been assuming wrong that they don't leave them with the mortgage? I thought that was the whole premise of the show.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. porky

porky TS Member

I like the idea of their giving a brand new house. The problem is that the heating and utilities along with the new taxes can financially strap a family. One family was thankful for the new house, but felt that they lost the close relationship that they had with all the new gadgets and room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.