1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Protection Skeet rules

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

We are starting to shoot protection skeet at MultiLakes and I need some rules on how it's shot. We have the pads ready, hell they have been there since Moby Dick was a sardine, now we want to start shooting it again. Does anyone have the rules or can direct me to where I can find them, I would appreciate it.

Jerbear

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

We have pads for stations 2,3,4,5,6 but not 1,7 and 8. how do you shoot those with 2 people. I know the first person shoots at the target and if he misses the second shooter get his chance to shot. If hit it's scored as a /. If missed it's scored as a o. What about the scoring on doubles and the other stations that don't have 2 pads?

We are redoing all of our fields starting next month and protection skeet will be in the mix.

Jerbear

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I don't know about any official rule. One thing we always did is with two shooters on the pad. The shooter on the left shoots the high house first. The shooter on the left shoots the low house first. This way everyone Has to shoot first at least 50% of the time. Also have to protect 50% of the time. It also eliminates having to switch back and forth all the time.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.