1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prosoft question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Harv Shell, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does the Prosoft lock, so you can't collapse it when you pull it in?

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Just got mine and haven't even shot it yet. BUT, if you mean when you mount it, the system isn't 'locked' so much as the tension it is under does not collapse when you mount it. The tension is adjustable, but I'm starting with Phil's settings and see how it works. I know when mounting it in my shop, it took quite an effort to pull it back so the ProSoft mechanism engaged.

Come to St Charles and you can shoot mine.

Gene in Illinois

3. Harv Shell

That's what I'm wondering Gene, on my Stock Loc the mechanism is locked until the recoil breaks it loose. I can't collapse it no matter how hard I pull it in. I wondered if the Prosoft was the same. Harv

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Harv, the ProSoft can be set from extremely light to impossible to pull it through. I've tried several others but this one is bullet proof.

Hap

5. Harv Shell

Thanks Gene, and Gene. Harv

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Harv:

Had a chance to shoot today. I can say with certainty:

1. You'd have a hard time collapsing the recoil mechanism when mounting the gun. I tried it after mounting and it takes more effort than I thought it would. Even then, it barely moved.

2. The recoil reduction from Phil's system is, in a word, awesome. I've used a couple other systems and I heard noises, like 'ping' or whatever. The ProSoft makes no noise.

If I get to Downers and see you, you're free to shoot it. If you want to come to St Charles to try it, let me know.

Gene in Illinois

7. stockguy

stockguy Member

You will not collapse the Prosoft system upon your gun mount. Phil uses a magnet system to hold it at its extended length and it takes the gun firing to break the magnets apart - then the spring and hydraulic system does an exellent job of taming the recoil. Great system!

8. Harv Shell

Thanks to all, Stockguy hit the nail on the head.

9. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I need a little help with a Pro Soft Stock. I bought a used unit and need the installation and adjustment instructions. I looked for Phil's website but wasn't able to find it.

Does anyone know Phil's website address or could you copy the instructions and mail them to me. I will gladly pay postage.

Thanks,

Tom

10. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Tom:

Pro Soft website is:

http://prosoftrecoil.com

Check your PM.

Gene in Illinois

11. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Kudoos out to SSeitz007. I needed the instructions for a Prosoft and Gene not only sent me a black and white e-mail version, but also mailed me a color copy.

Thank you Gene (SSeitz007),

Tomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.