1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro's & Con's on the Money Maker Ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GW22, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Feb 19, 2008
    They're cool and look good and if that's what you want it might be worth the money to you.

But from a practical sense, let's be honest -- it's a lot of money to pay simply because a person can't get over their mental hang-up about having a little space between the beads. In other words, the comb height controls the height of your pattern -- the rib has absolutely zero affect on it. The only thing an adjustable rib does is puts the beads back to a place that makes you feel good once the correct POI is already set.

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    I have had numerous Moneymaker Ribs Both Fixed and Adjustable and have never had any problems with them and they shot where I requested them to shoot.

I strongly support Moneymaker Ribs and they are Moneymakers.

Tell them the POI you want and be specific how you see your beads and hold point.

Gary Bryant
  3. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

May 6, 2009
    had them do a tm1 of mine. the rib work was great. i chose the rib that is like the factory rib on the mx10 top single. best money i spent in along time
  4. dimapower

dimapower Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Agree with GW22
  5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    GW22 is dead wrong

If you are dependent on raising the comb - when you move that comb alignment isnt easy to keep--- so your POI changes as you swing-- that isnt what you want

Unless you dont care about your scores

Your gun should fit and that means the beads aligned- and if you need a higher rib to do that- then do it

Or get a different gun

You spend a lot of money and shells so why have a gun that doesnt fit

Regards from Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

money maker ribs