1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pros&Cons of Laibs 1 piece firing pin??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gjmen, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjmen

gjmen Member

Is anyone using Pat Laibs 1 piece firing pin for their Perazzi? Do you like it? Any problems with it? My first guess the reason Perazzi made it 2 piece was to keep the ceter of the pin hard ( not to wear ) and the outer diameter soft ( to wear the pin, not the gun ). Any input would be great. Thanks, gjmen

2. JES

JES Member

I have a perazzi tmx 3 special combo. I was having a lot of trouble with the firing pins a friend has a sinlge barrel MX and had his done by Pat and showed me his how it was reenforced and quite pleased with the work. Mine started miss firing with the hit to the shell way off to the top, you could see the firing pin holes were stretched since the work done by Laib's I have tried a number of different brands of shells shooting and they are dead center now it is working fine. No problems with any shells I have tried to shoot. I think they did a great job for me.
    Jan slough

3. gjmen

gjmen Member

4. shotslinger

shotslinger Member

Hey Jan,
    How is it going?? I bet you are wondering who this is??!!! I am the guy you gave the card to when I left San Diego in August - do you remember?? I just read this post re: Laib's firing pins and I am guessing that you are talking about Barry S. ??
    I am hopong that all is well with you and everyone back there?? Are you going to head up to the state shoot in Kingsburg this year?? I am shooting the Pa. state shoot this year bu the weather is really hot and really humid. My average suffered quite a bit during the winter shooting here - the conditions were terrible to say the least - shooting in blinding snowstorms (literally) is not what I call fun.
    Anyway, I thought I would drop you a line to say hello.
    Dave C.

5. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

We have Laib's one piece pins in our MX-10s and have had good luck.

Bob Munson

6. JES

JES Member

Shotslinger how are you doing? Yes on all your questions. How is your dad? Coming out soon? E-mail me jan.slough@cubic.comxxx drop the xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.