1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pros and Cons shooting Kolar TS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What were your shooting experiences like shooting the Kolar Ts? Did you like or dislike it?

2. butcher

butcher Member

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Well built gun, but if you're use to shooting a light gun, it will take some getting use to. Its easy on the recoil too.

John E.

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

I bought one with the .750 bore and found it to be well balance, very responsive, and a soft shooter. Could not ask for more in a quality, American made shotgun.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

All Kolars are a heavier gun, so if the weight doesn't bother you then that won't matter but what will matter is Kolars have a less than appealing resale value. Seems like it takes for ever to sale them even after you lower the price to giving it away.

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Since 1978 I have shot two single barrel shotguns. I shot a stock Perazzi TM1 with a release trigger til the summer of 2007. Purchased a Kolar T/S .740 bore and I enjoy shooting it very much. Excellent release trigger as well.
    I guess I should weigh it. Kolar does make a good gun.
    Also made in the USA.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

The biggest drawback is that it's real hard to shoot doubles with it! Seriously, if it fits you well, it's a dream to shoot. I tried one and ran 'em with it, but chose a max t/a because I do want to shoot doubles. Weight never bothered me and neither did the recoil. Just a lovely gun. Use the resale issue to your advantage and wait for someone to sell you a used one in good condition. There have been a few here recently. As I said, if it fits you, you should do well with it.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have always wanted to ask the same question, thx for the post. ms-yuan makes a good point, use the resale value to your advantage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.