1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pros and Cons on TOM MORTON MASC/GORR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A "say what"

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

A friend of mine shoots a 1100 with this unit installed and it works exactly as described. When there is a shell in the mag tube it blocks off a gas bleed port into the mag tube and the gun functions as normal ejecting the first shot and chambering the second. When no round is in the tube the gas system vents into the end of the mag tube and out the front cap and the fired round is not ejected. You retract the bolt by hand and grab your fired hull. There is even a tube liner in case you want to convert back to normal operation. The only con I could see is that the inside front of the mag tube gets smoked up like a gas system but the effects seem to be purely cosmetic.

For Skeet shooters it means you only leave 4 hulls on the ground instead of all 25.

For the Trap shooters it means you are not bouncing hulls of the guy on the post beside you during singles. And for doubles you only ding him once each time ;o)

Once installed the unit requires no change from singles to doubles. It does decrease mag tube capacity because the unit takes up room in the front of the mag tube but for competition shooters where you only shoot 2 rounds at most it is no problem.

--- Chip King ---

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

tasos
    I had one and liked it. No problems with it and it worked well. TM is good about answering questions and helping you if you need him. Follow the directions when you install the unit and you should not have any problems. Is not hard to install. Only issue if it is one would be that after you install it you will always have that little hole in the mag tube. It only takes a few shots to get used to ejecting the empty manually.I was happy with mine.
    randy

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Got one in my SuperX2 and it works as described.....Perfectly! Will never go back to "regular" again!

AndyH ;-)

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I have one in an 11-87 Skeet model. Works fine. Since the gas vents thru a replacement magazine cap, when I added the Remington weight that replaces the mag cap, I had to drill a hole in the weight's cap as well. No big deal. The only downsides are some carbon build up in the mag tube, and the permanent hole in the mag tube. My instructions talked about a hunting model that would allow three shots. I asked about it, and was told it never made it to market and would not available. Looks like it would be simple enough to make something to cover the hole in the tube, if I was really motivated to do so however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.