1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PROS AND CONS OF KS 5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KS user, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KS user

KS user TS Member

Just purchased a KS5, wanting info on pros and cons. Any info greatly appriciated.

2. KS user

KS user TS Member

Just purchased a KS5, wanting info on pros and cons. Any info greatly appriciated.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Top-shelf construction, almost unbreakable simplistic action and good handling qualities. Some compain about the cocking effort but you get used to it quickly (it's why the lever and thumb piece are larger than normal).

ED

4. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Built like a tank, very few parts to fail, great balance and has held its value well through the years. All trapshooters are big on trading up but it's all the gun anybody needs.

I've been very successful with my KS-5 and continue to shoot it even after buying a KX-5!

Eddie Quire

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

6. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

one of the best gun made for the m,oney built like a tank 3 working pices in trigger i have two of them bouth 34 inch adj stocks with release part for trigger willing to sell one for $2300

7. KS user

KS user TS Member

The cocking lever is a little stiff,but if it performs like it sounds it will,that is a small price to pay.I plan to have this gun for many years.

8. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I happen to own the SIXTH one produced by Krieghoff......in 1985. Personally -I cannot say enough good about my KS5.

Regular servicing has kept mine tight and shooting well for over 20 years.

Like many -- I have "upgraded" to a K80, but my ol' KS5 will forever be a part of my collection. To date -- it is still the gun that I've shot my best ATA score with (199x200).

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Best gun out there for the money, and possibly the best for any money.

10. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

I,ve had one since they first came out[ks-5 special that is] and never noticed it being hard to cock--I take the heel of my right hand or the fatty part of my hand below the thumb and push the top lever over with that and let the weight of the gun bbls open the gun while holding the stock under my right arm close to my body--I see people struggling to open guns all the time when all they have to do is let the weight of the bbls and forend do the work--my gun kicks a little hard and even with a soft touch it still sometimes slaps my face but I have that problem with almost any trapgun-I've tried pitch spacers and every method known to gun fitters for this problem but it's not unique to the ks-5---they are good guns with few parts to break.

11. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i wud like to see a pic of one

12. sim32

sim32 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here you go acss
    [​IMG]

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Can't say much more than already said above. Do NOT agree with the minimal complaints. My right arm and hand suffers with problems from an old injury seriously reducing grip strength, atrophy, and ulnar nerve issues but I've never found the operation of the cocking/opening lever a problem. Mine will be my very last single shot target gun and has honored me with 100s at the 16 yard line....breakemall....Bob Dodd

14. KS user

KS user TS Member

I shouldn't say it is hard to cock the gun,but the one i purchased is like NEW CONDITION,and will loosen up over time.

15. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Great gun dont hesitate.....Don

16. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

1. Prior to getting a KS-5 I had gone thru at least 5-10 trap guns in aboaut 4 years. My friends joked about what my gun-of-the-week was. I bought the KS-5 in the fall of 1988 and have not shot another (for trap) since.

2. The only thing that wore out was the aluminum case, and I replaced it with a Warwick.

3. I think it looks great: slim reciever, wide rib, excellent wood.

4. Every target missed has been "pilot error". If you know the gun will do the job every time, all you have to do is control yourself. (And that's the problem: you know you can't blame a loss on the gun!)

shoot well

17. KS user

KS user TS Member

I had the same problem finding a trap gun i REALLY LIKED. The closest match was a stainless bt99 max,until i got my KS.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Years ago, I had a beat up KS-5 Special. I shot good scores with it and loved it...however, I sold it when I went away from trap for over ten years. Got back into the game, bought a new KX-5. Didn't seem as "good"; didn't fit as well, stock was neutral, not right handed. Gun's trigger wouldn't hold a consistent setting, rib was bent etc. Felt the quality had slipped just a bit. So that went down the road and I traded around and now shoot an American made single barrel trap gun. I also felt that my heavier American gun suits me better because it delivers less felt recoil. The KX-5 was not as...that intangible..."smooth" in feeling, more felt recoil and vibration in the stock. Had my KX-5 fit and treated me as well as my years-ago KS-5, I'd have kept it.

However, I continue to have great affection and respect for the Krieghoff SBT guns. They are fine quality, excellent value, very reliable. I think my KX-5 was just "not the best of the litter" and it found a happy home.

If you like how the gun shoots and your scores are stronger, keep it!!! They look good, are reliable and simple and high quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pros & cons of krieghoff ks-5

pros and cons of the 5 ks of sikhism