1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pros and cons of Blaser F3 combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

What do you think of the new Blaser combo good or bad, i've seen several near new ones for sale on this site i thought when it came out it would be the ultimate trap gun it has everything you could want on it but it seems like it has not taken holt yet???

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

If it suits your style of shooting and fits then I can see no downside. Lots to like about it. From my limited experience shooting one, it has more of Perazzi like feel/handling vs. something on the other end of the spectrum like a Krieghoff.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Who's shooting one at the top of ATA competition?

4. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I bought one off this site last Nov. & am thus far pleased with it. Have about 900 rounds through the single barrel, all in upstate NY winter weather with decent results. Shot a Browning for 15 years, then a Perazzi for 15 years & am looking forward to the warmer temps & some doubles & handicap to see how this thing really works. Overall, too soon to tell how it compares to my other old stand bys, but what I see so far, I like. Things I have found so far that I like are all available on most any other gun. Haven't played with the balance weights yet as I am waiting to get into summer clothing mode to get tinkering with these. Only tiime will tell, but I feel it it going to be a good gun for me. If no other reason - "he who dies with the most toys - WINS!"

5. shotgunjoej

shotgunjoej TS Member

Best gun I ever owned. I could not shoot the high rib barrel with my eye cross dominance. MX2000,Kolar T/S, Ljutic Pro3, MX14, Beretta 687EELL, and Beretta ASE 90 to compare too.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Had Blaser for over a year. Minor problems that Blaser repaired on the spot. Firing pin went bad. They said Rio shells/primers are hard on firing pins. Ejector would hang up so they retimed it. Screws on tube in unsingle sheared off. They replaced tube and screws. The gun has been wonderful so far. My averages have gone up and so has my wins. The release trigger by McCarthy has been flawless.

7. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

At last year's Grand American, there were two out of ten competitors in the $100k handicap shoot-off who were shooting them. I don't know their names but if one can win a handicap at the Grand American, he is a big dog in my books. I have shot 20-25k rounds through mine and love it. It really makes me mad that it hasn't cured any of my mental mistakes. I probably should have got a different brand.

8. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Isn't Blaser owned by Krieghoff?

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rastoff = nice try!

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Pros: Adjustable weights for both barrels and stock, Adjustable comb and ribs, great triggers, nice wood, 100% POI capable on O/U, 120% on unsingle. The extra barrel is free when you compare it to the cost of a K-80. And Blaser is very good about service. Whats not to like?

Cons: If you don't like high ribs, it's not the gun for you. Does not have a tapered rib. The comb hardware sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.