1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pros and cons? Ceasar Guerini---Blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Let's here it pros and cons on Ceasar Guerini combo vs New Blaser Combo.

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Watch and see how many big boys switch to the Blaser this coming year!! I anticipate a big dumping of the K80 Special! Suspect Blaser has a better deal!? Tom Rhoads

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

A buddy of mine has a year old Blaser that he shoots doubles with and he really likes it. Triggers feel more like those found on a quality rifle. His only problem and it may be ammo induced were failures to open and eject with a specific brand of factory ammo. I don't remember the brand but he was cussing and I thought he was going to break the gun across his knee while trying to get it open in a registered shoot. I don't know anyone close who has the NEW Blaser Combo. As for the Caesar Guerini Combo it is my gun of choice and mine has been flawless. My 32inch O/Us seem to point and swing a little better than his 34" O/Us and since I shoot a double release I can't compare the triggers until he starts with releases on his double gun. Both appear to be very well made, The Blaser Combo is more expensive in the basic grades. So it really comes down to which one floats your boat.

--- Chip King ---

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. Blaser will be the new higher end gun many shooters will be going to. There quality is outstanding and all parts inter changeable. Ceasar Guerini will continue to be a winner for a mid-range price gun. The blaser is a little more high tech though. Both guns have many of the same option including the high rib. Blaser combo $9800 vs Guerini $6900. I think the blaser guns will eat the krieghoff guns for lunch. Opps, Sorry krieghoff guys. LOL

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I have no answer about Blaser because there is nobody who has one here but I owned a CG combo and it was the best gun I had shot until I got my Kolar Max T/A. I liked the CG and you have a hard time arguing with there customer service and lifetime warranty so with that said Blaser will be lacking in that regard. Hopefully it will be a good gun but for someone to call them a higher end gun is a little far fetched. We all know the three "high" end guns (P,K and K).If it ends up being a good gun there will be some Browning,Beretta and CG owners giving them a try but I don't think trading down hill would be an option for me. I will be looking to shoot one but I honestly don't think they will be a hit in my neck of the woods.

6. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I really don't people that are shooting K-80's and Kolars dumping them for a Blaser. Krieghoff has been around for over a hundred years for a reason. I personally don't like them at all. The cosmetics of the receiver is something to be desired for one thing. Also, the one I shot wasn't comfortable at all. As for the Guerini, I looked at them while at the Ohio state shoot one year and I also shot one. The parts looked cheap and it really didn't look like it could stand up to a lot of hard shooting, maybe I'm wrong, time will tell. It also kicked like a dam mule.

Just my opinion. Don't take it personal all you Blaser and Guerini owners!

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Blaser's trigger is second to none. I suspect Blasers will become a more common sight on the Trap fields. There are already a bunch of Sporting Clays shooters that are using them. A very well built gun.

8. Bridger

Bridger Member

I have both Guerini and Blaser sporting guns. They're both great but I think Blaser is going to make a lot of headway this year with their new trap combo. They've apparently done a lot of sponsoring on the sporting circuit and maybe they'll do the same with the trap guns to get the name out there. Blaser is a very innovative company and they have come up with a modular system that is going to attract a lot of people. I'd put my money on Blaser for the long haul. You're really looking at two different price points though and its not really an apples to apples comparison.

9. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

I bought one of the new combos from Bob Schultz in Mid Jan. I just got it tuned when bad weather hit and haven't got to shoot it in thirty days. I am very impressed with most all aspects of it. I shot a Beretta DT 10 for the past five years and A Kolar Max TA for the first part of last season. It was awesome but I couldn't break a score. I went back to the DT and finished the season. I looked at all the guns and felt like it was the most bang for the buck. I will be able to tell you more by June 1st. Hopefully by then, I will have shot several thousand targets. Only then will I be comfortable in touting it.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Pat McCarthy told me a few days ago he is now shooting a Blaser, maybe the Blaser Company put one in his hands.

The CG is a better buy for the money in my opinion.

I was told that Kreighoff was going to come out with a new combo to compete with the CG.

And with the so called blow ups of the K-80s will cause a shift by shooters to another Mfgr.

A dealer told me yesterday any combo that sells for lessss than $10,000 is going to sell.

In my opinion the Caesar Guerini is the highest shooting un-single gun out of the box. K-80s do not shoot as high and shooters have been dis-appointed in that.

I have been told that the KX-5 has been dis-continued and being closed out at
    $4295 at most gun dealers like Jaqus and Guns Unlimited.

Was told they are going to come out with a gun to compete w/Kolar T/S Mid-single.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Someone humor me...What does a Blaser F3 sporter cost?

12. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I shot an earlier sporting Blaser and can say that anyone who wants the crap kicked out of him should run right out and get one. Unless they have added considerable weight to them, they are unshootable by me. Ugly too.

I have owned several CGs and would certainly have to pick them over a Blaser even though the Blaser did have good triggers. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind going to a Blaser from a K-80, a Kolar or a Perazzi. You couldn't give me one if I had to shoot it.

13. concrete

concrete TS Member

there will not be many shooters dumping K-80's for any of those two. I own a K-80 special and I wouldnt trade it for two of either of them.

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

I know of at least two AA's that will be shooting Blasers this year. It will be interesting to see if they stick with them.

Lyle

15. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Personally I shot the Blaser at the Cardnial Classic .. Just a few shoots. Its ok but I love my Ceasar!!!!

16. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I currently own a CG combo for Trap, and like it very much. I was shooting a CG for sporting and shot it very well, but have recently traded it for a BEAUTIFUL Blaser. Let there be no doubt, the Blaser is a high quality gun (I've owned Kolars and Perazzi's as well). I feel it is priced very appropriately. As for felt recoil, I find it to be very comfortable, and with all of the balance options that come with the gun (sliding weights in the buttstock and screw-on barrel weights that mount inside the forend, its imposible not to be able to achieve a perfect balance. And the triggers, they are better than I am. Dealer? Bob Schultz for everything. The best. Very fair and knowledgeable. Will I trade in the CG combo for a Blaser combo? Don't know yet. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the CG guns and their service and warranty are superb.

WNCRob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini summit limited pros & cons

the pros & cons of the blaser f3 sporting