1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Propose a $1 per bullet tax in BALTIMORE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrubbyJack, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

BALTIMORE -- A mayoral candidate's plan to reduce violence in Baltimore includes a "bullet tax" that he said will increase the cost of committing a crime.

Otis Rolley said he would, if elected, propose a $1 per bullet tax on all bullet purchases in the city........

As for the bullet tax, Rolley said the measure would cause a decrease in "random firings that too often happen around holidays" and put a high price tag on the cost of committing a crime.....

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WOW!! Like they say, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. This is somebody who should NEVER be in a postition of power or authority.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

As outragous as these seems. I bet it will make sense to alot of non-shooters who think they may avoid paying extra taxes in one of a thousand things if it goes through. Since non-shooters today out number shooters (more so in the city
    's) it will be interesting to see how well it is recieved by the public. Break-em all. Jeff

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

There are all kinds of laws against drugs, but hundreds of tons of the stuff every day gets sold in America, a bunch of it in Baltimore. The people who are stupid enough to randomly shoot guns during the holiday will not stop doing so just because of a tax and a law. The "poor" people on welfare around me are still shooting off fireworks every night since July 4th, and the one right across from me needs a ride to the free food bank. That candidate has no knowledge of reality.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

It might have some limited effect if the tax was universal. Just how many bullets would you buy?

A city tax has no legs. Just drive a few miles and buy what you want.

This shows just how stupid the people running for office are and how stupid the voters are if they buy into this garbage.

His opponent can say to the voters. "If the city added a $1 a gallon tax to gasoline, where would you buy fuel? Do you want an idiot like this to be your mayor?"

Don Verna

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't make any difference in Baltimore, only one gun shop in the city now. They long ago intimidated the big box stores, i.e. Walmart, to stop selling guns and ammunition. The city has been run by liberal Democrats for years and is hopeless no matter which candidate wins (it will be a liberal Democrat). Nancy Pelosi's father Thomas "Tommy" D'Alesandro Jr. was mayor of the city 1947-59 and her brother Thomas D'Alesandro III from 67-71.

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I expect that some of the low life types will be very happy to turn in their ammo stash to the tax collectors. I expect it will be delivered at around 2,000 FPS.

Of course they will want to get a "tax refund" from these same tax collectors, probably by asking for their wallet, watch, credit cards, pocket change, laptop computer, cell phone, iPad and car, when they are delivering their bullets.

THE AGE OF SUPREME IDIOCY HAS ARRIVED!

or it could be called that the inmates are running the asylum if this joker (and his cohorts) become "THE CHOSEN ONE OF BALTIMORE!"

Hey, he was probably a "Community Organizer" who "never inhaled" while he was eating ACORNS (or were they "Magic Mushrooms?").

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Otis is an idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.