1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Property Taxes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sharkie, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

Damn this government , this year our value decreased which at first we seemed happy untill we got our tax bill .In this day an time with people struggling to make ends meet I was throwen a 26% increase from last year. YES 26% over 1200.00 additional per year . When are you going to stop bleeding the working people? So in a nutshell they say our value is down but they want more .Thank you my elected officials .I will remember you at voting time . I had to vent

2. rooster59

rooster59 TS Member

What state / county?

3. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

People need to start writing to their congressional representatives and senators to voice their displeasure. We seem to forget that those people are supposed to be representing us, and what we want, not their own agenda. If we're really unhappy with their performance, we have to vote them out. Eventually politicians will learn that if they go along with their party, and not the desire of the people they are supposed to be representing, they won't be in Congress long.

4. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

People need to start writing to their congressional representatives and senators to voice their displeasure. We seem to forget that those people are supposed to be representing us, and what we want, not their own agenda. If we're really unhappy with their performance, we have to vote them out. Eventually politicians will learn that if they go along with their party, and not the desire of the people they are supposed to be representing, they won't be in Congress long.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Most taxing districts have a protest procedure for valuation. I have been fighting my valuations for 6 months now and have had some success. If values have gone down you can challenge the property appraiser.

TB

6. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

This is why I always vote No on tax levys, especially the schools.

Its always more, more, more and the kids are not getting smarter (my opinion) and the retired people are made to suffer.

Call me anti- American if you will but enough is enough.

Regards....Gerald

8. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

My Property Tax went down in Indiana . What state are you in ??

9. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

I'm Spotsylvania , Virginia . I contacted my local supervisor after contacting local county office . Typical BS schools ,roads and etc . The new one on me was with everyone not spending Walmarts taxes were down and they needed to find other aves to get money . Yep that was another reason I was told . Gesh whats next my first born????? You can bet your last dollar i'll remember this at election time . Ah i complained a few years ago the county came out and raise the taxes . With living in rural Virginia we get no services besides the local landfill and Mr Waddy my supervisor told the wife that they had thought about closing that down just to 2 days a week . And people want government controlled healthcare come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn.Wake up America . Alf my value went down but they raised it from 62 cent per 100 to 80 some cent per hundred

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If your taxes are to high, you can have them grieved. The people that grieve your taxes only get paid if they lower your taxes. HMB

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Two words TEA PARTY

12. sharkie

sharkie TS Member

Guys i complained a few years ago what did they do they the county cameback and raised them another 10,000. These cats are after blood . It has to stop

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I hate paying taxes as much as anybody. But according to this report, Americans are paying the lowest tax rate since 1950.

From the article:

<i>Federal, state and local taxes — including income, property , sales and other taxes — consumed 9.2% of all personal income in 2009, the lowest rate since 1950, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reports. That rate is far below the historic average of 12% for the last half-century. The overall tax burden hit bottom in December at 8.8.% of income before rising slightly in the first three months of 2010.</i>

14. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I believe property taxes are one of the most evil forms of taxation ever dreamed up. Because of property taxes none of us EVER really owns our homes. There is an eternal lien on your property. Certain things should not be taxed. Income from working, your home, food.

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

timb99, Mine have gone up significantly each of the last 3 years. Property and income taxes. We are on the slippery slope.

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Bob

Maybe true, but I suspect as an overall percentage of your income, what you pay in taxes, including income, property, sales, and other taxes, is probably less than your parents paid as a percentage of their income, back in the 50's.

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Some years back, they had a law that restricted the amount of property tax increase they were able to assess to a 30% increase over three years, and they had to notify you in advance of their intentions. Since one party has control over this state, they did away with the law that restricted the increases and guess what? The property taxes are almost double in five years. That was after the initial 30% which they did over the alloted three year period. I'm all for a more responsible and smaller government at EVERY level. Unfortunately, the people that are in the majority are the same ones that expect "Services" and "Programs" paid for by the working class.

18. Joey  S.

Joey S. TS Member

You wanna see taxes - come to NJ. Every other year our school taxes go up (the school portion of my taxes alone are up to $9500), even though the assessed property values don't change - they keep on changing the multiplication factor. I personally know of several families that have moved or are in the process of moving simply because of property taxes.

19. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

You haven't seen anything yet! Wait until the new health care bill really starts taking effect in a couple of years.

Mark

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Didn't we fight a war in 1776 over onerous taxes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.