1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proper way to Wash STORM Jacket?{no wise anws plea

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BAYCITYBOB, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAYCITYBOB

BAYCITYBOB TS Member

I know you water,but what detergent is good for Storms??? Bob,Pa

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

For me dry cleaning.

Bo

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Most garments have a tag inside with washing instructions. Maybe on the back of the tag in the middle top, some elsewhere. Check the entire coat and see if one is there maybe contact the maker>

Mike

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You should probably contact Storm...I'm not sure that you are supposed to wash it.

I HAD to wash mine, since an animal sprayed it. It was that, or throw it away. We wash our rain-proof horse blankets in a non-detergent blanket wash made especially for protecting the rain proofing, and I buy it at the tack store. I used that on my jacket, and then hung it to dry.

But I would contact Storm before washing or cleaning it. From what I remember, you are only supposed to spot clean it with a damp sponge.

5. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Normally -- I take a bottle of ketchup (which I keep in my oven) ; mix it with about 8 ounces of a Steve Miller vodka cocktail, and hope for the best.......

Anyone who has ever imbibed one of Miller's drinks knows that this combination would remove the paint from a traphouse roof, so it should certainly handle any cleaning needs you might have.

This does not qualify as a a wise answer, for we all know that Steve is the young, "not-so-wise" one. LOL.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Calgon and warm not hot water

7. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I don't know about washing it...but for drying it I would recommend using a SHAM-WOW ! It picks up 20 times its own wait in water. I saw them on TV and it seems to really work and they are only 20 bucks for 4 of them.BUT WAIT!!!! If you call within the next 20 minutes they will DOUBLE your order !!! Just pay a small handling charge!!!! How can you go wrong ??........And..if it doesn't work out for that you can always use it to wipe up all the crap that Stu spreads around !!!.................Charles Austin, Edinboro

8. ashley

ashley TS Member

Wash the coat with a gentle detergent on a gentle cycle if you have one, otherwise normal will be fine. Remove the liner if you have a liner. Don't put it in the dryer. Hang it to dry. If you wash it many times, you may want to spray the whole thing down, including the leather, but especially the shoulder seams and the knit collar and cuffs with a waterproofing product like ScotchGuard or something similar. For grease spots you can use a product like Energine or even Gun Scrub.

Hope this helps!
    Beverly

9. BAYCITYBOB

BAYCITYBOB TS Member

Stu your should know about Miller's vodka cocktails it clean your insides out a few time......Remember the Silver Dollar cart ride? Bob

10. Sam M

Sam M TS Member

I bought a Storm jacket a few years back and have loved it. However, washing it has caused the inside of the outer fabric to peel away. I'm not sure if I'm descibing it right but it is the waterproof coating on the inside of the outer fabric. I probably only washed it annually and normally as my other clothes. Has anyine else experienced this?

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

In a hard rain smoking your last handicap target at the shootoff, hang dry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.