1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proper lubricant for Browning trigger mechanism?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Back again guys..

I just finished a thread regarding the purpose and use of release triggers since I just bought a gun that had them (..actually only one). Turns out I'm not ready for a release trigger yet..and have just removed the one that came in the Browning BT-99 I got today.

I'm ready to reassemble the gun..and thought it would be a good time to clean (it's already spotless)and lubricate the trigger mechanism and related parts normally inaccessible in the receiver.

Could someone please advise what should be used to lube this area?

I'm sure whatever is used ..should be used sparingly.

Thanks for any advice/information about this ...

Best regards..Stan M.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Remoil for everything.

3. StansCustoms

...no grease of any kind ...like a dab of lubriplate or something similar on obvious constant rub points?

Thanks..Stan

4. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I use G96 on everything. Cleans, lubs and is a rust preventive. I have used it from 1948 and still use it.

Dave

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Remove all wood from receiver. Hose down receiver with Gumout carburetor spray, then blow dry with 100 psi air compressor. Repeat if still dirty. Spray moving parts with Slick 50 One Lube ($4 a can at Menard's). Blow dry with 100 psi air hose again. Put some STOS on the sears. Reassemble. Good luck.

6. StansCustoms

Being in the Custom auto business...I probably have 20(plus) differeing types of sprays, greases and so on.. Also have several types of carb sprays cleaners, brake cleaners, penetrants of all kinds.....

However...I'm not familar with G96 or STOS? Could some enlighten me what those are...or better yet compare them to something a garage owner might stock? I'd really like to reassemble this gun tonight.

...oh yeah, I also have quite a few gun cleaning supplies. Spray lubes like REMoil, gun grease in tube form, teflon sprays...etc.

I really didn't expect to NOT have whatever was suggested...silly Me!

Thanks..Stan M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning mechanism lubrication

browning model 425 trigger mechanism lubrication

shotgun trigger mechanism for browning