1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proper live round disposal in the field

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

For those who have wondered, how should I dispose of those pesky live dove loads that I am just too tired to carry back to the truck? The correct answer, in California's Imperial Valley, is just drop them on the ground. The Imperial Valley will quickly render them harmless. These are loads I found from last dove season.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=BirdHunting09018Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Sure....it's perfectly OK to litter the landscape with live rounds rather than manning-up. Sheeesh!

AndyH :-[

3. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

I use them to shoot environmentalist.

jim brown

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Sounds like more "ammo" for the envriomental wackos and anti gun bunch. Makes their point for them about hunters and gun owners being scum of the earth.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I think you guys miss his point......that one year takes quite a toll on the brass etc....

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What brass? Cheap steel!

Save 'em and put them in a shell pouch of someone you dislike!!

Curt

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I would take exception to the rounds being harmless. Try and cut them apart and ignite the powder in a dish to see if the powder will still burn.

Also, are you sure that they were from last year.

Jason

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Eddie, you need to understand that I am extremely wealthy. As a man of means I don't operate by the same rules as you. I only shoot premium ammo, and I can't be bothered carrying it 100 yards back to the truck. If you threw two boxes of premium ammo on the ground you would be a slob. When I throw two boxes of premium ammo on the ground because I can't be bothered carrying it 100 yards I am simply behaving up to my level of status. wireguy

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

By the way Eddie, some day if you are as successful as I, you too may be able to afford a top-of-the-line, well bred gun dog like mine.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=BirdHunting09017Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

.....and to think I'm a teatotaler. 'course I'm also a pot shooter Eddie. That could explain my warped sense of humor. All good, wireguy

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Doug, you'll have to bring that well-bred muddy dog and let him go for a swim with Herco in our new Kansas pond. He looks like he could use a bath. But we'll let him hunt some prairie chickens first so he can sweat off some of that grime. Don't want the pond to get too dirty, ya know...otherwise the neighbor farmers might think that we are heathens.

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Mud? MUD? My dear, that is "face camo". Mud indeed.

13. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Actually I was kinda impressed... Teeth look good for what I can see (Young) and nails are not cut, but worn down. That's nice...

Though you have to watch out with "Wireguys" means, he has a tendency to dispose of dogs as he does with ammo....

14. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

.. before anyone misconstrues my last comment about "Wireguy" I shall splan...

Doug is truly one of the few we have here in Ca. that we should all be proud of. An ambassador to hunting, specifically in wing shooting. This is the last guy to desecrate futile (or not) land. Furthermore; Doug will rescue a dog without any hesitation and turn that animal into a winner. His reputation proceeds himself.

Doug is quite humble, but don't let that fool you.... I'm truly honored to be his friend.

Matt Friesen

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Thanks Matt, That should get them off my back for a while. I'll get that 50$ right out to you.

16. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

...it was $50 + the main breaker that I needed...Remember?

17. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I was taught to burry them but now as I have grown older and lil wiser I would bring them back home use the shell dimantler and reclaim the shot throw the power into the back yard and toss the rest in the trash.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Those found rounds are just fine; when I get something like that, I dump 'em into an ammo tumbler generally used for brass casings. It is important to place the tumber outside near the neighbor's house just in case. Don't do this inside; it may start a fire if one of the primers is hit. I place the tumber near the neighbor's at the lot line 'cause they own a cell phone and can call the fire department should anything happen. I like the neighbors, they never talk to or bother me. They respect my privacy and this hectic semi-urban area. They don't even bother me with invites to their annual Labor Day Party for the whole block which is another courtesy.

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Shootlow, did he put you down in his will to get that new Ljutic? I'm thinkin' that you have a vested interest. LOL!

20. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

The guy who mows our trap fields knows what we should have done with ONE of them a few years ago!!
    Dick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.