1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

proper dress attire

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ed_schultz, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

what is the proper dress attire for shooting in a sanctioned ATA shoot????

are there any rules or regulations in place on proper dress attire when competeing in a sanctioned ATA event???

i only ask this cause i can not find this anywhere in the ATA rule book.

allso, im not to fond of being surrounded by the guys who dress up from head to toe in camo flauge, not a big fan of the G I Joe wannabees.

do they allow participants to wear those oh so gawdy nascat t shirts and tacky cut off dungarees??? if i wanna see that kind of tastless dissplay of wardrobe i could go to any wal-mart in the states and view that.

i myself like to dress in nice polor shirts complimented with double pleated khaki pants, cuffed preferably and classy pair of loafers.

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Is this the Ed Schultz of MSNBC?

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ed,

You just as well stay at home then. Trapshooting has become very informal when it comes to dress. There are still a few the dress like they are going to an ice cream social, but they are few and far between.

Just look at the pictures of shooters in trap and field for proper attire.

ss

4. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Don't know quite how to respond to this question....so I guess I won't. I know others will however. Good luck with this one. Ouch, that hook really hurts.

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

White tie, top hat & tails.

Eric

6. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

no shawn i do not go by joe, never have . everyone calls me ed.
    rymeswithorange, im not employedd by msnbc but i do how ever never miss mr ed tv. i have l;ots of admeration and respect for that ed schultz.

old fowler, what do you mean by hook set??

ive just allways lived by the old addage. dress for success.

7. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

mixer i thing your being a lil ridicules there.

now just what is wrong with haveing a lil class???

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

## proper dress attire ##

Fishing for Great Whites or Marlin?

9. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

what is the proper dress attire for shooting in a sanctioned ATA shoot????

are there any rules or regulations in place on proper dress attire when competeing in a sanctioned ATA event???

i only ask this cause i can not find this anywhere in the ATA rule book.

allso, im not to fond of being surrounded by the guys who dress up from head to toe in camo flauge, not a big fan of the G I Joe wannabees.

do they allow participants to wear those oh so gawdy nascat t shirts and tacky cut off dungarees??? if i wanna see that kind of tastless dissplay of wardrobe i could go to any wal-mart in the states and view that.

i myself like to dress in nice polor shirts complimented with double pleated khaki pants, cuffed preferably and classy pair of loafers.

10. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Is this the Ed Schultz of MSNBC?

11. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ed,

You just as well stay at home then. Trapshooting has become very informal when it comes to dress. There are still a few the dress like they are going to an ice cream social, but they are few and far between.

Just look at the pictures of shooters in trap and field for proper attire.

ss

12. Old Fowler

Old Fowler TS Member

Don't know quite how to respond to this question....so I guess I won't. I know others will however. Good luck with this one. Ouch, that hook really hurts.

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

White tie, top hat & tails.

Eric

14. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

no shawn i do not go by joe, never have . everyone calls me ed.
    rymeswithorange, im not employedd by msnbc but i do how ever never miss mr ed tv. i have l;ots of admeration and respect for that ed schultz.

old fowler, what do you mean by hook set??

ive just allways lived by the old addage. dress for success.

15. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

mixer i thing your being a lil ridicules there.

now just what is wrong with haveing a lil class???

16. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Fishing for Great Whites or Marlin?

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Class? There a shooter at my club that shows up in custom tailored and matching, pant's, shoes, shirt, shooting vest, hat and watch. All embroidered with his initials. In all the years I've never seen the same outfit twice.

Eric

18. tp

tp TS Member

Tron should take note, new type of bait, seems to be working VERY WELL.

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have observed that most of the better shooters in Southern California wear silk and linen shooting shirts by Lauren, either long or short sleeve, or polo style. The buttstock pad is also mandated by our rules not to exceed 8 square inches and must be made from split cowhide. Gucci shooting loafers imported by an Italian firm that also imports specialized shooting accessories are not mandated, but will give each shooter an automatic one target in each 100 bird event to be awarded by shoot management. Shooting caps are typically multi-panel; linen for summer use and wool for winter use..these are made by Brioni of Italy, despite the protests years ago by then California elected official, Willie Brown. Rain wear is mandated to be waxed cotton by Barbour of England.

All shirts must be tucked in. Shorts and sandles and tennis shoes are not permitted. However, if a trapshooter can produce evidence of owning a sailing boat longer than 22 feet and membership in a legitimate and respected yacht club, Sperry Topsiders are permitted as appropriate footware. The local shooters do realize that during these economic times, some crossover viz a vi equipment use between recreational pastimes is appropriate.

Any type of watch may be worn or on one's body; however watches must have a European non-quartz type of movement. Automatic watches from Switzerland are considered to be "most approprite" atire for trapshooting.

All shells, shooting accessories, minor tools, food, and refreshments must be toted in a custom made and fitted Connely hide duffel. For those who smoke, Dunhill accessories are the only sanctioned lighters or tools permitted to be within 20 feet of the field.

I hope this helps enlighten those who have not yet had the pleasure to shoot in Southern California.

20. ed_schultz

ed_schultz TS Member

now eric, thats what im talking about, why cant every one sport a lil class???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

appropriate attire for trap shootings

how to dress for trap

proper attire for sporting clays

proper attire for wing shooting

proper clay shooting attire

proper shooting attire

proper sport coat for shooting club functions

sport coat too classy for trapshooting