1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proof registration will not satisfy the antis....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.salon.com/2012/12/30/silencers_the_nras_latest_big_lie/

Most of you have seen my posts and photos of my suppressors in use. My purpose was to help protect what's left of my hearing while hunting, because I have bad tinnitus, but do not like wearing earplugs while hunting for safety reasons. Also, suppressors mean I can plink and not disturb the neighbors, and they give me access for varmint hunting near ranch and farm houses where noise is an issue.

In order to own one, I purchased my suppressor at a local dealer who has the proper federal license to sell them. But I could not take possession. First, I had to be fingerprinted by the local sheriff's office ($45), and get a sign off by the sheriff on a federal form after they did their own background check ($35 and a month wait), plus attach a passport photo. This was done in duplicate. These forms were sent to BATF along with $200. BATF forwarded a set of fingerprint cards to the FBI to run in his system. Nine months later the forms came back approved, and I was able to take possession of my suppressor. The total time from purchase to possession was over ten months. I also need to have a copy of my tax stamp and registration form with me as a positive defense that I legally own my suppressor when I take it with me out of the house.

And note if I want to sell the suppressor to another individual, it's going to take ten months to accomplish the transfer.

But this tight regulation and registration is not good enough for the antis. Nope. They want suppressors BANNED, even though NO ONE is committing any crimes with them. Just wild speculation based upon movies they've seen. It's clear registration is just a ruse to get a list for banning and confiscation, because their stated reasons for wanting registrations are without merit.

2. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Brian...you are 100% correct. However stating pro gun reasons on this forum is like preaching to the Choir. The only way to fight is at the polls. Which means you must get everyone out to vote that hasn't in years. Call the talk shows. Write letters to editors. Most of all work like hell to defeat the anti-gunners at the polls. Good luck to us all. ed nichols

3. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

You are a better man than me for jumping through all those hoops to get a suppressor.But I respect you for doing it.Anytime you can do something by their rules that you know pisses them off its a good thing.Hell here in Ca. you almost have to do as much just to buy a gun.

Having said that you are 100% correct.The end game is confiscation of all guns.The energy and resources these idiots waste on registration and enforcement of all these silly laws is laughable.

Darr

5. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

Then they will compalian about noise. Duh!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.