Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Promo reloading info needed!!!!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Ray Collins 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has some light loads mt son likes and I think would be great for my 8yr. old nephew. He is loading 14grain of 700x and is using 7/8oz. of shot. I would love to duplicate this load with Promo what would be the grain equivalent and what MEC bushing would I need?

And anyone with a link for a MEC bushing chart that has promo on it would be great!

Thanks!
Craig

#3 ·
So how long has PROMO been out that reloaders still have not gotten the word that powder density varies lot to lot?

Here is what Alliant says: QUOTE America's number one economy-priced 12 gauge target powder. Promo has the same burn speed as Red Dot, but is more dense, thus requiring a smaller bushing to obtain the same charge weight. END QUOTE

There are no bushing charts for PROMO. Start with a bushing or two smaller for the equivilent RED DOT load and then you have to weigh it. I find the Multi-Charge adjustable bar particularly useful when using PROMO.

#5 ·
If anyone wants a copy of the Alliant loading chart, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you a copy. It is in pdf format and it is found on the Alliant website. The Promo loading data is found on pages 27 and 28.

On my MEC9000H, I load one ounce of shot in a Winchester hull using a 32 bushing and I get 1200 FPS. Great load. Promo is all I use.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.