1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promo Powder Handicap Load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wrhtrapshooter, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrhtrapshooter

wrhtrapshooter TS Member

Does anyone have a recipe for a 1 oz handicap load using Promo Powder and claybuster wads? Thanks,Walter

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

Copy and paste the following if the hot link above does not work.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/recipedetail.aspx?shotype=&weight=1.125&weightdis=1+1%2f8&shellid=492&gtypeid=3&gauge=12

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

Sorry, that didn't work very well. Try the hot link above and work your way through the selection process for your component choices.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Walter try this one it works well for me!
    STS hull
    W209 primer or cheddite
    17.5 grs promo
    W12SL wad
    1 oz #8 shot
    Good Luck

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Remington Hdcp Load w/Promo and 1 oz shot Winchester 209 primer

STS hull Green Duster 17.5 = 1200fps
    STS hull Green Duster 18.5 = 1250fps
    STS hull WAAL wad 19.0 = 1235fps

I load the 1250fps but use a Rio Primer in all my re-loads. It is bigger but that is all I ever use and never a bad primer yet in over 35,000 primers.

My pet load uses 19 grains of Promo and use Windjammer Wad STS hull Rio primer

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

18.5gr under a DownRange TGT12 wad pushing 1oz of 7 1/2s ignited by Wolf 209s. You can use your ClayBuster TGT12 clones as well, but DRs are better.

AndyH ;-)

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Andy44 has a good one. I use something similar for practice and short yardage caps. Mine is 18.2 - 18.7 grains of Promo or Red Dot, Remington Hull, with the Winchester, Cheddite, or similar primer, with the Downrange TGT12 clone or the genuine article. The Claybuster clones do pretty well also. The Winchester primers with 18.2 grains gets me around 1225 fps out of my barrel with a cylinder choke. 18.7 goes about 1255. Remington primers run just a tad slower. It's a consistent load, patterns very well, and works in cold weather. The pressures are also reasonable enough. I don't use the Wolf primers, nor do I have any pressure data for them. The Fiocchi 616 primers were dismal for cold weather performance in this load. I use 8's rather than 7 1/2's, just to keep THAT discussion alive. :)

8. perazzitm

perazzitm Member

I use 18.5 gr. Promo, STS hull, CB-1100 Wad with 1 oz of 8's ( that was for you quackshot) and cheddite primers. They just crush targets from anywhere, I shoot them in money shoots and ata handicap targets. The best part is they have relatively low recoil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1oz load receipt for promo powder

promo powder for handicap

rem hull load with promo powder