1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promo on the Burn Rate Scale?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

The burning rate of Promo should be very close, if not identical, to Red Dot. It has been a long time since I looked at comparative burning rates of powders. I hope they are now a little more consistent, but even if they are, I do not really understand what they mean. Can someone help me?

Pat Ireland

2. mecman

mecman TS Member

Try this website wery helpful info.http://www.losttarget.com/links.html#POWDERCOMPANIESAMMUNITION

3. frank t

frank t TS Member

My understanding is that on the Alliant burn rate table that Promo, Red Dot and e3 all burn at the same rates, ie 94% of the Bullseye rate.

Frank T

4. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

From the horses mouth, Alliant Powder publishes that Promo burns exactly as Red Dot. the density beinning the difference. weigh your loadings. do not depend of powder bushings recommendations. smokum Big Jim

5. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

From the horses mouth, Alliant Powder publishes that Promo burns exactly as Red Dot. the density beinning the difference. weigh your loadings. do not depend of powder bushings recommendations. smokum Big Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.