1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promo-MEC 9000 question...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claybrdr, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Just received 16 pounds of Promo and want to verify my data is close. After weighing, it looks like one less bushing in my MEC 9000H gives the same approximate weight as Red Dot. Sound about right? Reason I ask, the weights I have recorded for Red Dot are old and on a different scale.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Sounds about right, but I want to clarify. You started with an approved Red Dot recipe, say for 17 grs., Then you selected a bushing and verified that it was throwing 17 grs. of Promo. Correct?

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. Your next lot of Promo may vary, so weigh again and adjust bushings as necessary. I like the Universal Charge Bar in my 9000H just so I can adjust my powder drops to exactly where I want.

4. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

You are on the right track,Just weigh the load that your bushing is throwing and that will answer the question. If you like the powder do like I do then buy several kegs from the same lot # and then you won't need to weigh it every time you get a keg with a differant lot #.Check out Powder Valley for the best price depending on your location. PJ

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.