1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promo and Red Dot priced exactly the Same?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rrrocketman, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

Got my 05 March order from Recobs yesterday (12th) and Promo was $77.50 on my billing statement.

Rich

2. 28410

28410 TS Member

I bought Promo today. It was new stock, manufactured in Feb, for 84.00

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Last time I looked 2 four pound kegs of Red Dot Cost more than a 8 pound container. In fact it always has. If your store is charging you for Promo what 2 four pound containers of Red Dot cost you are really getting it in the shorts. I'd have them varify the price as I think they made a mistake. Post-2

4. Model12Man

Model12Man TS Member

That sounds too high for promo. Ask them to verify that. I am paying about $78 for 8lbs and it goes a long ways - 16gr ea for a short yardage shell.

-C

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Promo and Red Dot being the same price. If they were, all of us shooting Promo would stop using it and go to Red Dot. While Promo is a pretty good powder, it is not in the same league, nor is it as consistant, as Red Dot. All things being equal, I would choose Red Dot every time, but, Promo is close enough, and cheap enough for 16yd and first shot on double shells, that it gives Promo the advantage...... Just my opinion. Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. hduc2005

hduc2005 TS Member

recob's 80.89 for promo

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Promo is $85 at Gamaliel and Red Dot is $100. Not much of a difference after you factor in all the loads with 8 pounds !!! Just figured it out. It comes to .12 cents a box. To each his own. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is red dot and promo the same