1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promo 1 oz Load

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by amboy49, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I want to load some 1 oz. shells with Promo powder. I tried to go to the Alliant web site but it won't open and I don't have a recent reloading guide from Alliant.

I've heard Promo loads the same as Red Dot but I don't just want to "assume."

I'll be using Winchester primers and a Claybuster CB-1200 pink wad. How many grains of Promo ? I have a mixed supply of Remington STS and Winchester Grey/Red hulls. My preference is the STS hull but I need to use up the Winchester hulls at some point - any difference in the powder charge for the different hulls ?

Thanks in advance

2. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Whoops - wrong category !

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Promo is a great powder for 1 oz or 7/8oz loads. I've loaded at least 6 jugs of in last two years.

17.5 to 17.7 grains in either hull with the CB1100 pink.

USE A SCALE! Batch to batch Promo can vary by volume although I have never gone up or down more than one bushing in my 366.

SW

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Stonewall is correct in 1oz. loads, I load 7\8 with 16-16.5, but I have had more variation in different lots than he reports. Be sure to use a scale. Ross

5. targetbreaker

targetbreaker Active Member

YEP. there both right 17.8 for me runs 1190 threw the chony 1 oz check weight.

targetbreaker

6. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

I have used anywhere from 17.5 grs.-18.8 grs. of Promo for a 1 oz load and it really crushes targets for me. I also use in a Remington hull either Remington or CB TGT wads with the load. Like everyone has already mentioned to you, weigh the loads each time you open a new jug of Promo because the weight may vary.

TRW369

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1 oz promo loads
1oz promo load

promo 1oz loads

promo for trap loads
trap loads with promo powder
trapshooters 1oz loads promo