1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promatic vs. Atlas clay throwers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nhp1, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhp1

nhp1 TS Member

I'm wanting to buy a automatic clay thrower, I've narrowed my choices to either a Promatic or Atlas thrower. Has anybody have any suggestions,advice or opinions on these two machines. The models that I'm looking at is the Promatic Elite or the Atlas AT50 throwers. Thank you!

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

My club uses Promatics for their sporting clays course. They seem to be a very good machine. I have never seen an Atlas machine. HMB

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Promatic

4. clays

clays TS Member

Promatic is more of a commercial machine, the atlas was designed to be an affordabel back yard machine for occassional use. The promatic is in use at many gun clubs across the country, I don't think you will see the atlas in operation at many clubs.

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

our gun club has an Atlas AT-50 that we use every month for shoots, We throw about 1200 targets a month with very little problems. It works good for us. Our club is a rifle and pistol club so we bought one to add a clay target program in once a month.

6. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Go with the promatic. One of the clubs I belong to has an atlas, POS, it never throws 2 birds at the same height, cheep stamped aluminum construction made for back yard use. JMO.

Tom R.

7. traploader

traploader Member

Want to throw automatic doubles? Looking for an ATA machine that does it all for less than $2000. Get a proven Western handset trap with the automatic doubles/singles conversion from Western Retro Products. It's a commercial machine built to last yet affordable for the individual shooter. Solid steel construction on the loader. The trap is cast aluminium and built like a tank yet portable enough to throw from a cart. Ian

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A while back, I took a two day Promatic Sporting Clay Target Seting Seminar at Roger Gascoine's Deer Creek Sporting in Florida. Roger and family is fantastic, and he has a fantastic Sporting Club. He has forgotten more about this game than most any one I ever met knows, including yours truly!

Anyhow, I was extremely impressed with the crew and the products of Promatic.

The machine is adjusted to the specific brand of bird you have in your hand, the machine is locked down, and that's it.

They are high volume target slingers. Their Sporting machines will throw a bird over the horizon! VERY LITTLE TARGET BREAKAGE.

I shot 500+ targets at Roger's after the class, and had less than 2% breakage. The only machine breaking birds was the rabbit. It was throwing them into the ground, with an occasional broken bird. A simple adjstment of the cart the machine was on, not a fault of the machine.

Roger has Promatics.

9. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I have had an Atlas AT250 for the past 3 yrs and have had not one problem with this machine. It gets quite a bit of action too. I would guess that since new it has thrown close to 40K targets with no adjustment and no repairs, it just keeps on ticking. I purchased with the oscillating base and recently added the wobble attachment which has been a lot of fun. one of the main reasons I bought this machine was because it was a portable 12v one that was relatively light. In the future I will buy another one so doubles can be shot. I loaded it from a stand into the back of a truck for while but later I built a home made trailer for it. They are a Quality machine in my opinion but I have had no experience with Pro-Matic so can't tell anything about them.
    Here is a pic of my set-up.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

atlas clay target throwers

atlas clay thrower

atlas throwers
atlas vs promatic trap
mec vs atlas trap thrower

promatic trap vs atlas traps for home use

promatic vs atlas