1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promatic trap machines

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maka, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maka

maka Member

Curious, how many clubs use Promatic traps and what do they think of them?

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I shot on one this winter in AZ at a club that uses one for both wobble and regular ATA trap 5 days a week. The fellow in charge of it was very happy with the machine. He also is a very hard working concientious person. That makes a difference no matter whose machine it is. Good luck, Bob

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

All 24 machines on our sporting clays course are Promatic. I think they've served us well.

For our zone shoot last year we rented a Promatic ATA trap machine to have a 5th trap field, and I couldn't tell the difference shooting over it.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

We have four of them. They are reliable, easy to maintain and seemingly impervious to extreme weather conditions.

Jim

5. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

We have 36 of them at the Cottage Grove Eugene Sportsmen's Club. The one thing we've had problems with is a little 12 relay will fry if the battery voltage goes below 12 volts. Our fault not theirs. Tech support is real good. I would suggest going to a class to learn how to work on them. They can tell you where,or if you can get 15-20 people they will come to you for expenses.

Dennis

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Montgomery county Shooting Complex has a boatload of them for Skeet, Trap, Sporting and Bunker. I help service them, and most everyone is happy with them.

Easy to set, easy to service, easy and quick to fix if needed. Straight forward machines. They throw very consistent targets IF set and maintained correctly.

With a big spring, the Sporters can throw a target to the next time zone, if needed.

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Some of their machines are better than others. We have a Promatic Trap Machine that will throw doubles but does not have wobble. The machine consistently shifts its field during shooting and requires re-centering. It randomly throws high or low birds and randomly throws birds out of the preset angled area.

Simon at Promatic has indicated a new model will be out later this year. The new model will address the changing field, high birds, low birds and out of bound birds issues.

I know a lot of clubs use Promatic without problems but they are a different model I think. I shoot at another club with Promatics that never get bad targets.

Before you buy - ask if the machine you are looking at is the one to be replaced this year. Specifically ask if it is the machine used by Chuluota Sportsmen's Club. If it is - avoid it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
buy pomatic machine
does a trap machine throw randomly
how do you adjust a promatic trap

how to repair promatic traps

promatic trap machine repair

promatic trap machines

promatic trap machines for sale

promatic trap machines reviews