1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Promatic trap machines

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tjcutter, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjcutter

tjcutter TS Member

I am a member of a small club looking to buy a new machine to throw singles, doubles, and wobble. The Promatic has a good price but I can't find many people with any experience with them. Any opinions?

2. Beretta Blue

Beretta Blue TS Member

GLSC........Flagler is ready to purchase 3 machines. One Wobble and 2 standard ATA machines. I'd like some feedback on this too. The price is in our budget. Currently we have 2 Pat Traps, great machines but out of our budget.

3. traploader

traploader Member

You may also consider converting your Western handset traps to automatic doubles & singles capability by adding our new TrapLoader DS100 conversion. Sells for $1500 plus shipping. Complete units also available with wobble.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Ltd. Tel: 250-216-8937

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I shot on Promatics just last month. Not the newer models.

Trap is not my main sport so what do I know, but I can tell you the ATA shooters that I know were not happy campers. They also hated the doubles presentations.

5. traploader

traploader Member

That's what I like about the Winchester Western machine. Throws an excellent & consistent ATA / PITA doubles target. Has for some sixty years and was the choice of the ATA Executive & the Grand from 1950 until recently replaced by the Pat. Great quality target presentation, built strong, easy to maintain and now safer to operate.

6. raptor1956

raptor1956 TS Member

I purchased a club 275 last year at the grand. I set it up by ATA standards and have thrown about 9000 birds with it. No problems and still throwing perfectly. For the price I would highly recommend one. They are great machines

7. GRR

GRR TS Member

One of the clubs I shoot at just bought two new Promatics one double and one single------Save a little more money and buy a Pat trap. You will pay for it on broken targets and hours of set up time. Doubles are as bad as it can get.

They also have trouble with voice releases, late pulls.......

I like this club, but us ATA shooters that voted for a real target thrower was out numbered. Now even the die-hards have second thoughts.

All I can say is go to clubs that throw registered targets, ATA, and the biggest share will use Pat traps.......little maintenance, less brakage, ease of changing to doubles,and beleive me the better the target, the better the scores, and the more shooters you'll have......Poor targets equals less shooters. In this day and age every club needs SHOOTERS.

8. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

The absolute best machines are the Autosporters. Never miss a beat, rarely break a target.

9. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

We have 4 of them in use for about 3 years. They are a very good reliable machine and very easy to maintain, No hydraulics and no rubber bands, Very consistant speeds. In fact we haven't had to adjust the speed on the singles machines in over a year. Once set-up correctly they seldom break a target. This past month we have thrown over 12,000 targets on them with maybe a dozen broken targets. The newer machines have a new doubles guide rail and throw a nice pair. This rail will fit the earlier machines and promatic will furnish the new part for free, At least they did for me. The machines are very easy to adjust for angles, Curl, Speed and height. Doubles change over takes about 5-8 minutes. Wet or frosty stuck targets are no problem. You can even run them on a car battery if you have a power outage.

Jim

10. tjcutter

tjcutter TS Member

Thanks for the input. It seems as with just about anything it just depends on who you talk to. I think for the little bit of difference in price I am going to go with a Pat. It seems you hear a lot more good than bad about them.

Tom

11. webley

webley TS Member

Glsc,
    There has been a couple of similar threads recently regarding Promatic. A search of the forum should reveal them.

Regards
    Russell

12. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

As DHWBailey says, do your self a favour and go to the above web site and look at these North American made machines, very, very hard to beat. AJ.

13. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

glsc , Pro Matic and Auto Sporter are the way to go avoid the Pat traps and save your self many headaches .These machines are designed clean and simple unlike the Pats . Spend your time shooting instead of trying to figure electric over hydraulic systems. Jay

14. setter

setter Member

FWIW, of two of the Pat-traps that I service, one has thrown over 2 million targets, the other has thrown over three million targets. They continue to throw as good a target as the newer machines at these clubs and continue with their reliabilit!

Jim

15. clays@wis

clays@wis TS Member

Promatic will be at the Wisconsin State shoot this week running the practice trap with one of their new machines and you can see first hand how they operate
    Stop in and see them---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adjusting promatic trap
good trap machine for doubles
promatic hobby review

promatic trap machines

promatic trap machines for sale

promatic trap machines reviews
promatic trap reviews
trap machines promatic ebay