1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Progressive Trap ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Saw a reference to "Progressive Trap" on the Perazzi forum.

All the shooters start on the 19 yard line.

When everyone has shot five targets and they would normally move to the next station, they also move back two yards.

So the progression is 19, 21, 23, 25, and finally the 27 yard line for everyone.

Anyone here ever play that game ?

2. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Where I'm from its called a "walking international" like what is stated you start on the 19 yard line, each shooter fires there 1st shot then all 5 shooters move back 2 yards. You do this until you reach the 27 yard line after your 5 shots. Then you move to your next post. After you fire your 1st shot on your second post you move forward 2 yards to the 25 yard line and continue this pattern until you fire 5 times and are once again on tge 19 yard line. You continue until you have shot your 25 targets. Your basically walking up and down the field in a zig zag pattern. BYG

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Similar to BYG... we call it our "slider"...
    Jay

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Like spitter said we called that a slider, lots of fun & good practice. Ross Puls

EDIT-----Oregunner You are right, when we shot sliders we were still using manual releases. Canterberrys etc hadn't arrived on the scene yet. (we just chased away the dinosaurs & pteradactyls (sp) & played our games. GRIN

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of work moving speakers, if you are shooting off of the speakers. Scorer would have to keep turning things off and back on, or you would be throwing lots of extra birds. Mark

6. jhoward

jhoward Member

If you really want to make it fun, turn the wobble on when you shoot it!

7. spitter

Mark:

Not as much work as you would expect... just shoot and move back... everyone moves forward together ONLY after the last person moves...

Jay

8. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just a penny pincher. I watch our game shooters use the speakers and throw almost as many targets, talking and screwing around, as they shoot at. $.10 a target isn't a big deal if you aren't the one paying for it. Mark

9. alf174

alf174 Member

You need better scorekeepers that turn the machine off during speaker moves.

10. spitter

Mark:

I should have mentioned, as you made the earlier comment; we really don't have any issue setting off birds during the move - everyone pretty much knows to keep quiet...

We get more wasted birds, from the novice 16 yard guys who can't keep their mouths shut and have to kibbitz during a round... so I understand what you're seeing...(lol)

Jay

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

WSLIDERS, front to back or back to front, no difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.