1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Progressive reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcouch, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcouch

tcouch Member

I'm in the market for a new reloader. I'm looking at the MEC 8567 and I was wondering what you guys think about it. Do you have another that you would recommend?

Thank you,

tim

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Excellent choice. Try to find a used one as there is essentially nothing that can wear out on a Grabber. Of all my reloaders (5) the Grabber produced the best looking finished shell.

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I have a Grabber and if I had it do over I'd spend the extra $50 or so and get the 9000 - same loader but it gives you auto index and it spits out the finished shell. Other than that, great machine.

4. tcouch

tcouch Member

Thank you, I will keep my eyes open for a nice used one. I looked on ebay, but i really dont like buying from that site.

Tim

5. DanLee

DanLee Member

Go for the 9000. I have three 9000s and one 8567. I'll replace that as soon as I can find a 20-gauge 9000 at a reasonable price.

Dan

6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

You can't wear a 9000G out, but the lack of maint. on some folks' machines is atrocious.

I bought one new about 10 years ago and have no regrets. Plus, if you buy new you can get it sooner and start cranking out shells!

7. kene

kene TS Member

mecs are good machines especially when you consider their price. as sam alluded to above they [like all machines] take some maintenance. a friend bought a an 8567 grabber for a $150 a couple weeks ago and it needed a little cleaning, lubing, adjusting [took about 2hrs total] along with some inexpensive parts from mec and it is turning out reloads just like as if it was new.

lots of other good progressive loaders on the market -- depends on your budget. most work OK if you take care of them.

but be careful and pay attention when loading with one -- they can make a mess when you misfeed a primer or shot hangs up and you don't notice it immediately

8. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have a MEC 9000g for sale with alot of extra's. If your interested I can send you pics and we can discuss a price. let me know

George Ware

9. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

You have a PM.

Terry

10. FrankJ

FrankJ Member

Tim: I have a 9000 in 12 gauge in like new condition. It comes with an adjustable charge bar. If you are interested I will send pictures. Price is $300 plus shipping. I'm located 55 miles north of Phoenix. Frank Novotny

11. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

a local reloader mentor is very helpful

12. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Grabber that I recently converted to a hydraulic system. Could not do it with my 9000. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.