1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Professional D class shooter????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I can imagine it quite well, Simone. Some folks have physical issues that come to bear, some just plain couldn't hit the proverbial side of a barn from inside, some just don't care that they shoot poor averages and do it for the fun and social activity. This list could go on and on. Oh, and, even some of those folks have one stellar day once in a while and it has not one thing to do with sandbagging. Think, sandbagging in singles? What would the point be?.....Bob Dodd

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Ah yes the proverbial "Professional D class shooter" you will find that there are quite a few of them. In my opinion these shooters are the true meaning of what this sport is all about.

Imagine loving a sport enough so that in 30 years of shooting at some point you realize you are not going to improve beyond where you are. Then staying with the sport anyway. Talk about indomitable spirit.

To me people like these people are the great shooters of the game. No not for their accomplishments but for their spirit their love of the sport. IMO It doesn't get any better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

3. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

We all should learn something from that "Professional D Shooter" Sounds to me he loves his shooting friends, he loves to travel, he likes to eat RV food, and he might enjoy a beverage or two. Sounds like trapshooting to me, and the targets are the least of his worries. GO BIG D

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Some shooter down at our club been shooting 30years dont shoot much more than 18s. They do not try to improve or just dont care. Winning of a state or grandin class should get you bumped up to next class, MHO

5. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

I knew a guy who was a life time class D shooter who was a great person and never had a bad word for anyone. More importantly, he had a great time shooting for fun, no whinning about bad pulls or the wind or looking for an excuse for shooting a bad score. Maybe the rest of us could learn something from class D shooters that there are things more important life than games and just have fun. Perhaps we have finally grown-up then...Mike

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i am on vacation and just had to respond to this thread. i have been shooting since 1972. my life time winnings has been $594.50. i was good in baseball and football one i was younger. i fell in love with trapshooting and most of the people in this sport. i am probably one of the worst shooters in the ATA. i have a low 16 yd avg in the low 90's, and have taken up residency on the 20 yd line. i play the lewis class, i am tickled pink when i hit one. i love to shoot, i love the smell of a fired federal paper shotgun shell. as much as i like shooting, i like talking to the people even more. i could never give back to this sport what this sport has given me. every time i toe the line, i hope i am going to win. deep down i know i don't stand a chance. it's my money, i don't drink, or womanize, all i do is shoot, and i love it. averages don't mean a thing to me. to be honest, this sport would be better off without them. you are only as good as your last score. no one really cares from one week to the next what you shoot and what your average is. even if you shoot poorly, you always have the next shoot to have a great score.
    steve balistreri

7. ivanhoe

senior smoke If you had an shoot that you shot over your head so to speak and they bumped you up a class would you be upset?

Simone you asked "Is that net winnings? What about your losing? If you know you don't stand a chance winning why do you bet?" I will ask you why are you concerned isn't it his right to spend his money as he sees fit?

I really feel you are out of line with those questions.

Bob Lawless

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Simone sounds suspiciously like Gargoyle to me.

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

First my congratulation to the gentleman that won Class D at the Southwestern Grand.

Mr. Simone, I must assume you are AAA 27 AAA. But for some reason I never see your name iin the winners circle. You are not sandbagging your scores waiting for the Grand are you? - Jim

10. ive never ran um

ive never ran um TS Member

Wow, does this mean that i am a professional. i have been shooting for over 35 years and have never had a 100 straight as you can tell from my log in name.

I STILL SHOOT CLASS A SINGLES AND AM ONLY ON THE 23 YARD LINE

NOW I HAVE A NEW MEANING IN LIFE I'M A PROFESSIONAL

11. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Senior Smoke, you are all right in my book, keep on grinding. J.Woolsey

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

All you people hoped never again to be sucked into a controversy by that worthless troublemaker lumper and the second he shows up as Simone - in her giveaway first post ever - you are victimized once again. I like the replies, all of them, but you _are_ being lead around by the nose once again.

Neil

13. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

That's really rude to call lumper a "worthless troublemaker".

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Is dumper back?

FR

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have been shooting reg targets for I think about 4 years now.I have earned 1/2 yard in that time.I have some physical problems I like to blame my lack of success on but maybe I am not a very good shot.Just because you like to shoot,and do alot of it, doesn't make you a good shooter.I hope to gain yardage and classes but if I don't it doesn't mean I am cheating.It just means I am not that talented.Somebody has to win D class and as stated earlier I am sure it was not worth the money won to sandbag in singles.

Darr

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

How in the world did you come up with the man shooting for 30 years?

Not being advanced to the next higher class after a win at a major shoot is the only thing I can see that may ruffle some feathers. Hap

17. chapk80

chapk80 Member

I can assure you that the gentleman that simone is ranting on about is no sand bagger. I have the pleasure of calling mr dixon a friend of mine and believe me there is more chance of me been the next man on the moon . Than mr dixon been a sandbagger.

This gentleman has travelled over the pond to shoot the southwestern grand which at his age isnt easy. (for the last 2 years)

I can honestly say that i cant remember the last time that mr dixon won anything. And if if it wasnt for the mr dixons of this world the world would be a far worse place to live.

So simone get your facts right befor you start to rant and rave.

And i bet that you would love to particiating in our wonderful sport at a ripe old age of 70+ like mr dixon

18. ivanhoe

Simone both events 18 and 21 are doubles events his doubles average is 81.50 looks like D Class to me.

I think you need a new ladle to stir the pot with.

Bob Lawless

19. ivanhoe

chapk80 he said winner not runner up the D class winner in event 16 was Bill Minton not Derek Dixon.

Bob Lawless

20. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

I just recently got back into trapshooting. The reason i stopped was because i won some events as a junior and was put into C class when i turned 18. I had a few good days and shot my highest score ever of 94 at a big event. Known ability hurt and discouraged me badly. I never even came close to winning anything even when i shot good in C class. I felt like i was wasting my money and time so i just stuck to my local club after that. I was a true D class shooter, i could count on one hand how many times i broke a 25. I love to shoot but im done with competition shooting. I still go to the shoots and do the practice rounds and to see old friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.