1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Process to repair these stock cracks?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by high 2, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

No matter what started the crack, it was probably going to happen sooner or later. Perazzis with the drop out trigger are high risk. If you look closely, the cracks are running with grain which are about at a 45degree angle to line of the stock. When I get one like this to repair, I pin and use super glue as you did and glass bed the action. A problem you have now is the repair you made not holding. It usually causes problems down the road when trying to fix it again. Larry

2. high 2

high 2 Member

Usually a couple of days. Need to let the epoxy cure. The cost can vary some. It depends on how many pins installed and if you want the stock refinished. I can usually get the pins in through the checkering set deep enough to put a dab of colored acra glass on top to hide the pin and then checker the Acura glass to blend in. Without the refinish, $150-$200 range. Larry

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have had an ongoing problem with Perazzi stocks cracking after shooting the gun for a while with the drop out triggers. I now shoot the gun a little to obtain the set back from firing the relieve the area a little and glass the back section both top and bottom and have not had the problem since.
    Buddy

4. high 2

high 2 Member

You hit the nail on the head Buddy. Stocks need preventive maintenance just like everything else does. Very few do it. Larry

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve. I have a very high MX stock with a adj LOP Rad. Near perfect. Will set up well for you. email me. the stock is hi quality. The stock is at least form a RS or a 2005. Too high for a MX2000. I love the stock

Jack

6. mflora

mflora Member

Larry just refinished a 687EELL in oil for me. Great work, turn a round and price. I couldn't be more pleased and couldn't recommend him higher.
    Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.