1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Proceedures for changing 85TSS firing pin & spring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smp005, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smp005

smp005 Member

Anyone know where I can find a detailed "how to"for changing the firing pins and springs in an SKB 85TSS?

I have the parts and the wrench - looking for instructions now..

Thanks!

Scott

2. 3357

3357 Member

call skb and they will walk you through the procedure.

3. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Shooting Coach should see this soon and will walk you thru it.

4. smp005

smp005 Member

Spring cleanup - my son has over 10,000 rounds on the current ones so I want to change it prior to the season winding up..

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

First, remove mainsprings. Push hammers as far to the rear as they will go, and use your 1/8" wrench to unscrew the firing pin retainers. Eventually, they can be unscrewed with your fingers. Remove, and notice the top pin is longer than the bottom.

Get out the return springs, the SKB has them on both pins. Replace pins and springs, and tighten the firing pin retainer securely. Don't forget to make sure the pins move freely inside the retainer. Check firing pin protrusion to make sure you have the right pins in the right place.

Replace mainsprings, check sear springs, trigger return spring, top lever spring, and cocking feet return springs. There is an update for a much more durable cocking foot return spring, but cocking feet must be replaced ($$$). If the springs return the cocking rods to the front of the receiver, my advice is, leave them alone until they break.

The SKB is a very fine firearm, which has features found in much more expensive firearms. They are high performance, worth every penny, and service parts are reasonable. If you need parts, call Don at SKB at 800-752-2767.

If in the Middle Tenn area, give me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
removal of firing pins on a skb 500
skb 600 firing pin
skb 85tss firing pin removal

skb firing pin removal