1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Procedure to change MX8 Firing Pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baber, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

This is very easy if you do the following....

Gently knock the pin out from the left to the right. DO NOT KNOCK IT ALL THE WAY OUT. Push it just enough to get the right (lower) pen free. Leave the top level lock on the right hand side of the receiver ALONE.

New pins will only go in one way and they have a notch that must match up with the pin. Look at it carefully and see how to goes together.

Why are you replacing the pin? If you broke it make sure you find all the pieces. They are probably in the trigger.

Tom

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Here're the pictures of the firing pin & lock pin,

Drift the locking pin half way out, free one firing pin one at the time.

stevew_2008_030347.jpg

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. that's a cat3 receiver.. can you find a cat4.. so they can see the side.. top lever locking piece..

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click my website at the ABOVE link, and printout the step-by-step instructions with pictures and schematic.

Whiz

5. Steve W

PBB/Mike, I only did this once, cleaning the firing pin holes. I took these pictures because I bought a new camera that day. The light was right, camera was handy at the time.

I've never changed any firing pins in the past 25 years. If I broke a firing pin, I probably won't be in the mood to take clean pictures.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Beautiful receiver, Steve.

Whiz

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. I have visions of you standing in front of your Perazzi rack on Jan 1st.. sayed.. "Each one of you get 1 flat a year.. who's first??" LOL.. You've got the most beautiful collection of Perazzi's I've ever seen.. Tells us the truth... how many of them do you shoot on a regular basis??? and who's your favorite to shoot?? All Good.. Mike

8. Steve W

Thank you for your kind words.

Mike,

Depend on where I was, usually I'm not sober on Jan 1st to talk to my shotguns (or anybody). :)

When I'm up to it, I shoot most of them regularly. They all have the same stock dimensions, rib, barrel length (29.5") & similar weight (1.51~1.55 kg), only with different engravings/sideplates & wood grains. They are all Sporting guns.

This made my life much easier, because I shoot all disciplines (except skeet). I had a hard time adjusting from high 90/10 ATA guns to 60/40 Bunker guns, the 90/10 sight plane messed up all my other games, so I decide to shoot everything with 60/40 guns. Now I can pick up any of my guns and shoot everything with them. So far, I enjoy SC best, the wide variety of target presentation and no perfect scores made it more interesting for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mx8 pin

photo of perazzi mx2000 firing pin