1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Procedure to change MX10RS Firing Pin

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rennerize, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Remove the stock knock out the cross pin that holds the firing pin, remove the spring and firing pin. Reverse the procedure and you are done.
    Don

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve..pay careful attention how the top lever lock..(the triangle plate on the right hand side goes).. and note there is a steel plunger cap on the upper spring.. that will go flying as you take everything apart.. While easy to do.. a quick drawing.. or digital picture will ensure everything goes back in the right place..

3. washandwear

washandwear Member

Steve

No need to drive the pin all the way out. Just drive it toward the triangle piece (lever latch) far enough to release the firing pin.

W&W

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. If you get in hot water.. and SKYPE.. I'll walk you thru it.. It's not hard to do at all.. And YES.. If you are really careful.. you can push the pin out just enough from the left to the right..not to fumble with the top lever lock..(the triangular piece of metal and the tiny spring and plunger)..but that has always been hit/miss for me..

For all of my friends who have never done this before.. See me at the GRAND next year.. and I'm happy to show you how to do it.. All Good.. Mike

5. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve,

Did "old faithful" call you back while you had the Alfs?

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.